Thursday 27 November 2014

A cast of millions


Present.

Where do start here, Ok I can hear all of you shouting “at the bloody beginning” but I don’t think I can, however I do feel as though I should say thank you (for lots of various reasons) to lots of you and for once I intend to name and shame with good intention, so here goes and in no particular order: - My Wife, Cliché, my lighthouse in the dark, I know you understand and the rest of the world have a damn good idea as well. Elaine Wilson, how can I put this politely she’s a lady, my editor, principal partner in crime and treasonous conspirator (get well soon sweetie), Gary Wilson my pimp, my rock in the maelstrom of insanity and my cross dressing mentor! And CEO of WELD International, Jane Kelley my bomb disposal expert and international diplomat, nobody says Fuck the world with such aplomb! Ignatius the foul mouthed man servant, Geordie man child (typically ignorant), Neil Davidson an untypical Geordie island of common sense (go figure) Ainsley Wills my wandering minstrel (non - chocolate version) who was there for me when the levee was breached and dragged me back the safety of the shoreline on that particular miserable day (in my head) in 2013, without you on that day I was a lost soul and I thank you with every fibre of my being, Lesley Gray my legal counsellor, and dispenser of medicinal bon mots(and actually the instigator of this particular set of blogs, after a conversation a long time ago about Gary Speed! Go figure) Angie Shandi for being the sweetness and light and the mandatory Bill Hicks counsellor, Carl Martin for being my keeper of hounds and keeper of the royal flight, damn good for a Brylcream boy! Gordon Armstrong for basically letting me rant at him since pussy was a kitten, Sir Michael of Ridley for allowing me to be his squire in the battle that we call life and for not allowing me to let life get …..THAT serious! How very dare you! All of the South Shields posse (damn there’s lots of ya and it’s good to be in your company).

 David Robinson my radio operator behind enemy lines (Broadsword Calling Danny Boy) who unwittingingly sent messages of hope at times when I needed hope and inspiration, Kevin Curtis for being my surfing Guru and Southern star when required, deep conversations in the firelight, Amanda Curtis for just being so damn nice! Kev Charlton for guiding me from Hellanbach (get it) to Frogs to Buckets and a shit load in-between, Charlotte Yanni for allowing music to help me with my Pyscho Blues, accidently on purpose, and who could forget Bali, Jimmy (Thunderbird One) Capstick for all jokes old and well let’s be honest even older, but a light house in this morass of anonymity, Louise Capstick for bringing the power and for keeping Thunderbird one in some semblance of order….sort of!, My Brother because dammit  he stuck by me(allegedly),  through the good times and more bad times than anybody else ever did!, My Kids and my grandkids but please don’t tell them, I wouldn’t want then to know I actually care for them and love them, pfft me with my reputation. The one and only Dr K for actually being my light house keeper and helping me rewire my life without the aid of any instruction manual, still a work in progress but better than being fused and discarded!

Mark Gleason without you and your sacrifice I would not be here, so I need to honour that sacrifice simply by being the best person that I can be, unswerving thanks and gratitude.


Past.

I have lost people in the past that I wish were still an active part of my life and I do still think of them on a daily basis, those who were there in the early dark days and put up with so much, and you gave your love and support without a thought to yourselves and credit should be given with an enduring love and tear in my eye because you are missed by many not just me: Chris Hughes the daddy and the first to go, we all missed you. John Case my six foot twin with the permanent suntan and grin, the coolest dude in the world and someone I was very proud to call “FRIEND”, Steve Ridley the biggest and funniest anchor in the world, The original squadron leader of “The Dawn Patrol” you carried me back from enemy lines more times than you should have, the person who taught me so much (H.O.P.E – Hold On Pain Ends) if only your grip had been stronger. Gary Shaw a man not to take sides that thankfully came back to the shoreline if only for a brief while before you faded away again, all of you much missed.

A further cast of millions that believe it or not would be as long as the bloody book! Far too many people to mention in one breath but every one of them my friends, warriors, thieves and kings, one and all, from school through to today, many of those mentioned might not be aware of the help that you have given this twisted emotional wreck, but without the emotional crutch that you have supplied to me over the years this soul would have been extinguished many many years ago and for that all I can actually say is………………Thank you!

It’s not enough but it is a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment