Thursday 9 August 2012

Pure White Light

This potentially could backfire but I really do need to vent my spleen, and once I have done that I think I need to go and apologise(actually I know I need to)  to my wife as I have been just a tad grumpy since Monday and major pain in he arse since I left work today, but as always I digress!

The Tee Hee Club outing was(as always) a huge success even though we had to go around the houses to get  to our final destination and I had to endure the wife screaming like a banshee at all concerned (the rain the road the car in front the car behind the blue car parked twelve miles back I'm sure you get the picture) we had done some (not very) fancy footwork to get there and to be truthful I didn't care, I wanted (and got) great company great craic! the bill could wait (yeah right) I went to bed a happy little camper with a quick turn around and an early rise work couldn't be that bad!

I arrived on Monday and dealt with some nuggets and ploughed on with remodelling plans for the office and then hit a wall as I read an email that made my blood boil, it was a blanket email to all employees (18000 worldwide at the last count) that the company would this week (yes that's to all employees) be taken through their own individual contracts and that if there was anything that you don't understand, now was the time to ask and that a number of items would be discussed with individuals and their own special requirements!!!! after asking some pertinent questions to various people further up the food chain (no comment was the reply) this didn't look good! nothing like kicking your staff in the nuts, thankfully the run in for us would be quite short compared to others, we just have to hold our breath until today!

The bill came back to bite us in the ass and me and the wife went into our separate corners waiting for the bell to go Ding! which thankfully it didn't because it would have been a time of recriminations over stupid little things that would have ended with both of us losing, so thankfully we both (for once) took a deep breath and shadow boxed the rest of the week, my fault entirely,I will put my hands up to it, me myself I, nobody else but me and as I have said in the past, nice guys finish last! and if I can let you in on a secret I really am sick of finishing last! as the week went on I got more and more grumpy (with  myself more than anything else)and even most people at work knew to keep the hell out of my way,I like to think I try to do my best for the benefit of the people and the company that I work for and sometimes things like this just piss me off!

So we get to today and I have a full and hectic day ahead of me, thankfully the big boss pulled me in first to get me out of the way and hopefully (for him) defuse the worst offender(that would be me then) to be taken through my contract line by line to have it explained about what I work what I get paid and all of the benefits that I receive, like a child, all the while the sensation that I should be glad in these times that I have a job etc etc (sorry I'm still too angry to put into words how I feel if there was a colour to describe me it would be a pure white light of anger) yes money was available for me to get the pay rise I didn't get while others who do get feck all (continued at angrygadgy.com) got! anyway the top and bottom of it there were one or two things that I do that they want me to stop doing and adhere to my contract, now I have no issue with what they have asked me to do (mind you they didn't say feck all about me blasting rock music at insane levels in my office woo hoo result!) its the manner in which me as an older person was spoken to, if I was a younger bloke with no mortgage or bad debts (the size of Spain's as of this morning)if I had a full head of hair (oh all right you get the fecking picture) I should have knocked the chinless wonder on his arse and asked him about that and what it says in my contract about that?

I didn't I sat and fumed and just sat staring at them I'm sure they were glad when I stomped out full of piss and vinegar for all of about ten minutes, then I realised what the score was for me and my family and I swallowed my pride and sold my soul to the company store another day older and deeper in debt, the lure of the pay rise is enough to keep me in line, but it's just out of reach and slipping through my fingers it's there I have been told it's there I will get it when I start to toe the line again and do what I do everyday (work fecking hard I don't need to be blackmailed you bunch of Twunts). Because of what has transpired this week we are just slightly out of touch with the real world and we really do need to pull our horns in, again this is our problem nobody else's I'm a big boy, but the cold hard truth is that social occasions until the pay rise comes in will be fecking rare, this was the sticking point with the wife, and trust me I work bloody hard so the chance of a few pints with some good friends just about gets me through the week, I'm the last person who wants to curtail those evenings but the straw that has broke the camels back has been the loss of the bursary for the youngest I travel with my lift because I can't afford to pay the bus fare every week he is a third of the cost thankfully, this has to stop after my little conversation I have to be available to be on site when work want me not when I want to be! I have to do the job the prescribed way even if it means an over run and will cost us on the contract (which in itself bleeds back onto my wage as more than ten percent is dependant of me coming on time and within budget) talk about tying my fecking hands, on top of all this shite I saw a report that proves that I (and it names me personally) have saved a partner in the work relationship on site some where between ....lets not go there but a ten per cent bonus would have got me retired that's how much I have saved them not to mention what I have saved my own company and they continue with the penny pinching and twisting that extra drop of blood out of my poor diseased heart!

I felt aggrieved if only for a little while, but some people got hammered (they only have themselves to blame) and some people even lost their jobs (not on our site but still people who I deal with daily) things have changed and although I don't agree that it was the right way to go about it! I saw the signs a few months ago and I should have realised that the storm clouds just off the shore didn't just sit there because they wanted to they sat there because they could, and they came roaring back in at a ferocious pace, times are hard for some people boys and girls batten down the hatches, try and set your deep anchors for the storm could be here a while, no matter what fancy footwork yo do only your own actions will save the day! now we have to knuckle down and just get on with it even if we have to go against the flow of the tide, my friends know we love them, we just might be the distant cousins for a period of time, live your life as it really is the only life you have (because it is) I will not be beaten I will not bow down to any other forces than the ones I want to, I will not be told how to live my life I will scream out from my lungs everyday until we are back on the beach and are sheltered on dry land Foxtrot Oscar to all the chinless wonders out there you don't stand a chance I'm a member of the Tee Hee Club feck you and the horse you rode in on until next time......Toodles! 

Now to say sorry to the wife .................help!

No comments:

Post a Comment