Monday 16 July 2012

Railroad work song

I was on a roll and trying ever so to be positive but I struggled (as always) but thankfully the wife was kind to me! I would like to say thank you to everybody from where ever you are for all the kind nice things said after the last blog, but you all have me worried as that was me being positive hahaha god knows what you will think when I post this one.

The wife took pity on my angelic face as I was down in the dumps (her words not mine) and to cheer me up we headed out the door to meet up with friends, not to South Shields which was probably just as well as there was tons of things going on, so the place would have been heaving and I wasn't in the right frame of mind for heaving! We ended up in LYH and was pleasantly surprised by people who were out and about and people behaved there wasn't a camera or photograph taken until towards the end of the night so lets just say that was a result(for the record I don't think that I'm photogenic and I certainly don't have a clue on how to sit/stand smoulder towards the camera so I have a tendency to stand behind a camera) I was taken to task by the master and actually posed twice so thanks for that but I still think I have a great face for radio.

We had a few drinks as the group collected and the crack was good and all music related so I was a happy person (me with my reputation) we headed to another Pub down on Dean Street which as soon as we got there I knew that the vibe would be lost, we went there to see the Honey Boppers (?) who didn't hold my interest enough and the beer didn't help! expensive and erm what is the word oh yes Shite! they didn't even have Coca Cola for the designated driver! lets just say that it killed the night dead.

We did a good deed and made sure that peeps got closer to home and then we came home went got a carry out which we ended up getting for free (result). A long story which might get written at another interval lets just say thanks to one of our eldest's partners in crime. We thought we would get a night without the old man of the house, but he wasn't settled at the Kraken's so we headed up the hill to collect him, upon arriving home we descended on a pack of cream doughnuts (not a great move) and we lazed until we hit the hay!

Another day and hot to trot back to work back to reality, and back to the grind (I can go on with the clichés if required) and I soon realised it was going to be a major pain it was really like being like working on the railroad (not as a sleeper as some folk say) doing one gruelling mile after another (hey at least it wasn't a sailing analogy!) and the day really was a grind and I had a few dodgy moments with chest pains (left ventricle boys and girls ) nothing major or something to cause concern(yet) but it got my attention and if it continues or gets worse then of to the doctors I will be going (so hide the credit card bills) I realise that there is an issue here I'm lethargic and so tired all the time mind you it could just be wind because I have a lot of that as well!

I arrived home to find the youngest here dog sitting and I then sat on the settee and ....blinked the next time I looked it was seven o'clock (WTF when did the Quireboys turn up?) as I came back into focus I checked the news on my phone and discovered that Jon Lord had passed away, another star of my youth gone this is what happens when you get old,so sorry to see him go but the world as always keeps turning I enjoyed trawling You Tube looking for past glory's of all the music that got me to being a teenager all those years ago and with that I shall shuffle off into the night to get some kip (yes more) as this bloody railroad isn't going to build itself so until the next time Toodles!


No comments:

Post a Comment