Saturday 1 October 2016

Things i don't understand


Things I don’t understand.

Today started cold and damp and if I’m honest my mood was no better I had woke up in a funk and when it’s like that its best if you let me just get on with it! The wife bless asked twice and got the hint, I wasn’t being stroppy and it certainly wasn’t anything that she had said or done I was just down it happens, leave me be and I will climb out of it. It happens about four times a year these days and because I’m normally up before everybody else normally people don’t get to see it, this morning my timing was a little off!

The dog did his usual morning call and it was later than normal, so I did the deed and then got him settled and ran myself a bath to soak my weary bones and my flesh eating disease is back with a vengeance and I wasn’t looking forward to it, but needs must and once the pain had been sorted, I tried to wake the wife (with only moderate success) we had a lot to do today and we needed to play our best game. Again I had yet another unhealthy breakfast (don’t ask) and once we pulled ourselves together had a conversation that we had ignored all week (finance) we headed out to sort out the spending money for our road trip.

Now if we had planned it better it wouldn’t have been the ghastly nightmare that would very nearly spoil the day. Our first stop was the building society to take out the last of our funds and then off to the bank to which although the rest of the money was there we weren’t allowed to take out the amount required (Grrr) this had the potential to spin out but thankfully we both took a deep breath and thought sod it lets just go with the flow! I also had to post book number three to my contact in Germany (sounds like something out of a Bond novel)  we had also arranged to drop off some books off in Cullercoats, so we thought we would for once go with the flow so with that we headed off into the distant blue yonder.

The day was indeed starting to lighten up and we fired up the old IPod and generally had a good time and then we started talking nonsense (which is good) we went down the road of picking our top ten favourite vocalists (which I won’t bore you with because for both of us it changes with the mood needless to say it’s the usual suspects of classic rock) when all of a sudden the wife dismissed Paul Rodgers completely out of hand, now if you don’t like that particular person that’s fine I don’t have an issue with that, but the way she dismissed him was unbelievable just ignored with a wave of her hand, now I will be honest I’m not a fan of the tracks that people associate him with, I’m sick to death of hearing them over and over again but he has consistently made good album after good album I have never seen him do a bad gig, I mean I could go on forever and like I said if you don’t like him that’s fine but come on people do the study before you shoot the guy. We soon reconciled our (minor) differences we arrived at our destination and I have to admit our mood had lifted and the wife even tried some humour (I suppose you had to be there) it all involved an already open door, we were greeted by our host lady J who even made a (nice) cup of tea we had some nice chat (involving gazelles and boots and so much other stuff but with my mind being so scatter brained at the moment I knew I would be abused later for forgetting so much good information) and much complimenting of the blogs that nearly made me blush, as always I had a peruse through somebody else’s music collection (sorry hard habit to get rid of) and after the grand tour (lovely house but the wife would basically kill anybody who parked in the street) we headed back off on our quest for holiday currency, with a slight detour on the way, all the while I was furiously trying to remember all the good things (a veritable goldmine of nuggets for blogging) all the while knowing that I had very little chance to do so I’m not a real big fan of this getting old thing my brain is turning into Swiss cheese!

Our short detour was into Newcastle to get some tickets for Y&T and W.A.S.P for later in the year (one of them being on our wedding anniversary...result) although it’s in my least favourite venue in Newcastle (The Academy) the company shall as always be splendid! This done we headed off to the Metrocentre to try and resolve once and for all our currency issue! Thinking that my bank was shut we headed directly into M&S to their bureau de change only to be told that if I wanted to use my card to buy the currency I would need proof of identity (???) but if I wandered in off the street with cold cash I wouldn’t, at this point the wife was up to simmer on the old temperature gauge she even set off at a fast rate of knots when we left so that she could see if the cash point would give us the requisite amount of cash, I finally caught up with her only to be proven wrong and that my branch was indeed open, so we wandered in and joined the queue to get at that money. After a wait of what seemed like bloody hours (loads of staff in but only one serving ... go figure) and the wife slagging off the branch and the staff in her usual quiet voice! we headed back and thankfully got our (mighty) dollars (woo hoo) I treated the wife to dinner (from my fave sandwich place, I don’t get discount so I’m not advertising them) we then went and abused some friends who happened to be at work today, and then again (I spoil my bloody wife) I treated my wife to an ice cream.

We jumped in the car and headed back to Gimpsville with the lovely weather but the wife took a circuitous route (she had a cunning plan) and then left me to twiddle my thumbs while she went off and did a sun bed thing (to get some colour in her skin before we get to Vegas) My brother then rang and we put the world to rights (as we always do) and then little miss happy (the wife) skipped back in (it’s nice to see her happy...for once, rest assured the Kraken will do her best to pull her back into a world of misery). Another short respite and the wife did the washing run up to see the youngest who was at the Krakens so the wife disappeared for a couple of hours while I caught up with my Sky recordings (5 episodes of Lovejoy) I have to admit if I remembered the particular episode I deleted it, then I tried (unsuccessfully) to remember all the things that happened today and all I have, I have put down on paper here, now what has this and all the previous chapters got to with Las Vegas ...not a lot I’m just trying to set the mood so that you will understand where my (numb) brain is at and maybe just some of the things I don’t understand (life the universe technology the metric system and how to.....maybe not). Hahaha now I have to try and shorten and twist what I have written here so not to appear as though I’m a cheap skate you have to give the fans what they want!

No comments:

Post a Comment