Monday 3 October 2016

Let the storm roll in


Let the storm roll in.

Yet another lie in (damn I must have needed it) well ok so it wasn’t exactly sleeping until noon, but hell for me it was as near damn (eight o’clock...ish) I wasn’t complaining but the pooch was, so I dragged my weary ass out of my pit and looked after him, I had work to do anyway. The eldest had been trying to ring but we weren’t really in a clear frame of mind so we actually (shocking isn’t it) ducked the calls (for twenty minutes until we pulled ourselves together) it would have been something or nothing (it was) and she wouldn’t listen to our advice anyway (surprise she didn’t) I just wish we could have some consistency (in a good way) from her but as always I won’t hold my breath!

While I had a healthier breakfast (than the previous two days) I started clearing my hard drive (it’s not massive so it quickly gets cluttered) and I had a panic attack when I tried to run a scan and it claimed I had a Trojan (ooops) so I saved my book stuff on a pen and started having a house clearance on my hard drive. I had also brought a little (ahem) bit of work home and if I’m honest (me with my reputation) my mind was just fried (see previous chapter) so what should have took me about 90 minutes took me 180 and even then I was second guessing myself, work was by now really taking it out of me both physically and mentally (sounds dramatic but hell it ‘s true) and with the next two days of hell awaiting for me I wasn’t happy but I knew I would have to get on with it.

The weather was a surprise as it snowed yes actually snowed it was never going to lie but it sent us both into panic mode for about 17 seconds (ah what the hell) I plodded on while waiting for the good lady of the house to get herself sorted thankfully we were on her time frame today and for once I wasn’t going to whinge about it (allegedly) but I was happy for the slow float down the river of life for that day!  We intended to have a late lunch (is night time late for dinner) so we weren’t really bothered because we weren’t going to The Tee Hee Club today as it was the local derby, so it would have been bedlam anyway (honestly it’s a fecking game people) so we wanted to avoid the animals that prowl the high street on this particular day! so the wife was definitely in charge of life the universe and everything in-between, so it was The Boo Hoo Club for us and to be honest as we were trying to keep the finances in check as usual, we were putting our masks on to rob Peter to pay Paul trying to make sure that there was money in the bank to cover the bills while we are away (the money’s there we just have to make sure it’s in the right place at the right time) so we talked (argued) money until we didn’t give a rats ass, we were going on holiday we can only do what we can I’ll take any consequences when I come back I want my holiday and I want it NOW!

We also had to sort out the suitcases and the wife had taken a shine to mine thinking that hers was too big so she emptied hers and tried (hahahaha) to fit all hers into mine I had more chance of getting into a pair of jeans with a 30 inch waist (ah bless) so we went through the charade and I went with the flow because I know she would have beat me to death with something (probably the bloody suitcase) blunt. She soon realised that it was indeed nothing but a pipe dream so everything was soon back into “her” case and we then started the ritual of filling mine, now I will be honest I’m a typical bloke I would just shove everything in (ahem) so I did the dutiful thing and “passed things to her as and when required” I was a good boy!

Once we had done all the things that was needed, the wife had started a cunning plan earlier in the week using a local sun tan place to get some colour, so off she went to get her daily dose of vitamin D, and I lay around the house like well a lazy person, she wasn’t away long but when she came back she was happy so that was a result. The weather was still damp and she trotted off to get the youngest and I still did my best Sloth impression. Actually that’s not strictly true I started the dinner a good old fashioned winter dinner.

We all settled down as a happy family and watched TV and generally wallowed in our own apathy (and it was great) we still pottered I had a few tasks to complete and I did them like a brave little soldier, although as the night ventured on I was dreading the fact that the morning would come and a huge amount of work sat waiting for me, again the amount didn’t (I like to think that I’m not work shy) bother me, it was the amount of walking that did and my knee’s kept giving me the odd pain as if to say “you screw with me I’m going to screw you right back” and I knew that tomorrow I was going to be in a whole heap of pain but I was just going to have to suck it up.

We all headed up stairs at around the same time and although the women of the house were off to do strange things (well for that time of the night) I was off to the land of nod, or so I thought I lay in the darkness for a short while (I’m a creature of habit no matter what I soon start to nod off) dreading the new day but also thinking of the new adventure that waits just over the horizon, and the good feelings are slowly but surely taking over from the bad feelings, tomorrow I wasn’t frightened of that, it was the pain I was expecting from my knees and the fact that the wife had a multitude of things to do while juggling the sproglit and the Kraken, I was half expecting to receive a mayday message but that’s for the new day I was sinking into the land of snooze and I welcomed sleep with open arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment