Wednesday 28 September 2016

The Great Divide.


The Great Divide.

Today started better I stayed up late again (what a cheeky chap I am) but had a lie in for a change (a planned one this time) and boy did I need  it, we both took our time to get up and do our thing, sort ourselves out, the wife had some toast for breakfast, I went for something a little different and that is a Gimpsville full English breakfast yes that’s right a Cadbury’s crème egg and a Kit Kat lovely I was being a rebel as I was heading to the doctors to be told I’m a fat bastard (and I am at the moment) but who cares it’s nearly time for (Vegas baby) our holiday my diet can be like my chest and it can slip for once.

We left the house and the wife was soon in shouty shouty mode saying that we live amongst retards child molesters and fecking knuckle draggers (she’s not what you would call a morning person) but we got to the quack’s in one piece and with a quick turnaround I was at work just as the first meeting of the day started and as I bounded through the door (sorry I like my job) the look on some of the faces were a picture, as I intended to spoil at least two of these peoples day (I did and I won’t bore you with the details but hey I do take a grudge and a challenge very seriously) the meeting went quickly and I only picked up two tasks for the coming month, being a smart arse I had already done one (as I knew what was coming) I had peeked at the minutes from the previous meeting that we hadn’t been invited to.

The rest of the day looked daunting I had so much paperwork to sort out and being a gentleman (thinking I wouldn’t be around)I had let the office temp utilise my desk and computer (D’oh) but as it turned the young lady in question rattled through her work and asked if I had anything she could do for me, I pointed her in the direction of the mountain in the corner of my desk and she set off at a pace that was frightening (let’s be honest my computer skills are self taught and she is a professional) by the end of the day she had completed 95% of my work which left me over the moon, as the previous night I had suggested to the wife that I might need to go in at the weekend and try and finish some of the mountain, which to be honest didn’t go down to well, so that was a bullet dodged, the young lady in question is from South Shields so when we do indeed bump into each other I will buy her and her fiancé a drink to say thank you( a very big thank you).

That said I still had some work of my own to do but if I’m honest it went well the two (grrrrr) courses went well considering I wrote them both an hour before they were actually presented, and I got some positive reactions even though I don’t take an prisoners there was only the one or two faces like slapped arses! I then hit the road and did what was needed to be done out on the malls and was soon back finishing off what I could( I have a bit too do but that can wait until Sunday morning ) and then heading out the door as soon as I could, I hobbled back to my old office to pick some stuff up and then back over to the bus station which as I got to the entrance I saw my bus (not the one I was aiming for) coming slowly over the brow of the bridge so I legged it, and made it with just a little time to spare, but I have to admit I was crippled as I climbed aboard, it was a Double Decker a type of bus I had never (in my 47 years on this planet) seen one on this particular route so even though I was in pain I climbed up the stairs and sat back to enjoy the ride home.

It was to say the least a brilliant ride home a journey I have done on a regular basis since I was 7 but never at an elevated level and it was fascinating people watching at its best and discovering things that I didn’t even I know existed little nooks and crannies, small estates were I thought that there were just woods, houses next to the river that you simply couldn’t normally see, people that thought they were hidden from the public eye (not that anybody was doing anything wrong well except a drug dealing couple of blokes who in reality were probably two male friends drinking coffee on the bonnets of their cars in a great part of the world) a bloke in his shorts hanging out his washing(down girls), a young boy (14ish) lying on his trampoline in the garden with one hand behind his head gazing at the clouds ( I was so jealous) the kids throwing rocks in the river in a part of the river I had only seen by canoeing down that particular stretch many years ago. A field with a small herd of goats that just looked so damn good I could have just gone for a little lie down, the girl cooking dinner gazing out of the window who got a shock as the bus went past and got me in full on stare mode. The couple having a blazing row (over god knows what....and did they make up I wonder) like I said a brilliant journey one that I make virtually every day but at ground level it’s so mundane I hope that it’s not a single Decker all the time, because life is so much better when you can see over the great divide.

I arrived home back in Gimpsville just as the sun was setting and was greeted by the old man of the house wagging his tail to meet me, and the wife on the phone saying she was parking up, so being the good person that I am I offered to go and give assistance (see I can be a good boy from time to time) only for her to assault me in the kitchen and not in a nice way, now this tipped me over the edge and I lost my good mood vibe and I went off into  rant mode (no surprise there then) but it didn’t last long ( I tire easily these days) and settled into a nice easy night (ooooh a woodpecker and yes I do mean the canned variety) I made the tea as usual and all plans of  attacking all things work related in anyway shape or form where totally ignored we have become Mexicans there’s always tomorrow!

So far so good I have wrote (four if you include this bit) small chapters so that’s a good start, and so a cunning plan is formulating the hard part will be trying to decipher all my notes from when I come back, because I have noticed that even with notes sometimes the whole idea is missed and I’m just left with drivel (hahahaha me with my reputation) I’m going to kick back just a tad and listen to some Glenn Hughes and plan for the coming (holi)day as we all know tomorrow is just another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment