Saturday 24 September 2016


Whirlwind.

A cunning plan deserves a subplot or two and that’s exactly what I intend to do here, nothing devious but just an attempt to see if I can do something different.

The wife and I very rarely go on holiday at the moment purely a financial thing I don’t earn enough to do everything that we would like to do, bills and the such like keep getting in the way you know those things like council tax and electricity bills, food you know the ones we all have them! On top of that being a one wage family and many years of paying school fees for our children to have the best start possible (the ungrateful whelps hahaha) and yes we couldn’t afford it but hey ho the money would have only been spent on pies and something of a similar nature.

The last holiday we had was another cunning plan a trip to Rhodes where we basically needed a holiday so we stuck it on a credit card (fools) and went away with everybody’s blessing (not) but then you learn by your mistakes (hahahaha) or so I’m told, for the last few years (well as long as The Tee Hee Club has been in existence ) we have had a number of cunning plans for trips and we always fall at the first hurdle (money being the said stumbling block) lofty ambitions we have but the actual deed is always a bridge too far, we have lots of genuine intentions it’s just I struggle to regenerate my organs after they have been harvested on a daily basis (and I’m not complaining the wife does but you go with the flow as far as I’m concerned) and although most of the plans have been pipe dreams one that has formulated and stuck in me and the wife’s brains has been a trip to Las Vegas, we nearly had the money sorted to go last year. Then my company was taken over and the money that we had saved was used to cover a bill that my new medical insurance wouldn’t (pre existing medical condition the bunch of robbing bastards) pay for, a scan on my knees which indicated the need to get my problem resolved as quickly as possible. So the bill was paid and willing accomplices did their thing (and why shouldn’t they) and I was lost in a sea of pain 14 weeks of rehab after surgery and a pipe dream that was burned into our collective brains.

Life carried on and we had a whole load of shenanigans, which if you have read the previous books and even my blog most of the time life is good, family matters are the biggest blight the eldest just wanting her own way all the time and the Kraken well actually that’s just more of the same, just magnified a billion times (it’s like they are North and South Korea and feck the world)  unfortunately the world just happens to be the wife and I’m the moon because allegedly I’m lifeless and basically just a satellite. Now I’m not the heartless person some people think I am and I do have to admit to feeling either helpless or I feel as though I’m the hulk! There is no middle ground for me and if it had indeed been a member of my family attempting to blackmail the wife she would have had to get behind me in the line telling them to jog on, but this indeed different and they pull every dirty little trick to play my wife’s heartstrings like Status Quo playing Big Fat Mama as an encore.



But I do have to take a back seat and bite my lip (twenty years and counting) some would call it emotional abuse (most of the world) but the wife stands still amongst the whirlwind of emotions that are hurled at her and I will admit to being unhappy at the way she is treated and sometimes she can appear to be so weary what with her family and her health issues (which I insist are linked but what the hell do I know) and to be honest the more I saw her getting worn down the more a cunning plan had to be devised.

Me when I’m down I hide in food it used to be drink with food thrown in as a side order but now it’s mainly food, the wife well she just gets on with it and sometimes she will snap and take it out on me, you know the usual stuff 12 hour working day an extra 2 hours for travel working my butt off without a break through that 12 hour shift and then having the audacity to fall asleep on the settee ( I still say I just blink for long periods of time) but most of the time we plod on and are happy with our lot well the good bits. I had to rearrange our mortgage at the end of the year the previous term coming to an end I even arranged a new bank loan to save money (borrow more pay less who could argue hahaha) and with some wheeling and dealing there was a small sum left and then the cunning plan was back in play!

The intention was to go later in the year, and basically try and save some more for spending purposes and have a bloody good time (instead of me doing my usual sitting counting the foreign currency at every given moment), the plans were discussed and everybody was initially invited and it seemed like it was a cunning plan about to hatch but then it all fell silent, people had other ideas, relationships drifted and again it seemed like we were yet again cast adrift with no captain to steer the boat our holiday plan floundered and the wife was back in the doldrums.

Then like a spark to a touch paper the idea was floated late one night and it burned brighter than a thousand suns this time it wasn’t to be a damp squib, we had focus we had direction and it actually looked as though this was actually going to happen. The idea was trimmed back to just four of us and if you read the blogs for Glasgow and Manchester for our Motley Crue road trip this was indeed going to fun with a capital F. We didn’t plunge straight in although we had a rough idea (ok so we sat there and nodded) meticulous strategic planning had to swing into action it was as if we were planning a small invasion of the United States of Gimpsville! Life though had to continue I still had to continue my punishing schedule of inspections at my place of work, but I had a dream one that didn’t involve selling my soul at the company store each and every day. The wife actually got some life back into her face and although there was some fancy foot work ahead it was worth the risk and the abuse to do what we intend to do. Actually it’s never worth any of the abuse but until the wife tells me I can go atomic on their sorry arses I will yet again stand in the background and bite my lip!

Then all a sudden like a fumbled sexual teenage experience it was sorted the holiday booked something to look forward to the only thing that would stop it now would probably be a death ( on the wife’s behalf!  me sod that I’m still going even if it’s me who has died) and I have to admit I might look lonely sitting in the airport with my Netto bag but hey life isn’t a rehearsal the man has been paid me and Ma Clampett are Vegas bound! 

At times we have looked at each other and thought “hell’s bells it’s on” and at the time of typing this everybody and his nephew is off to see Rammstein blowing the living daylights out of Newcastle I have (yes I know I’m cheap) hatched another cunning plan, my writing has become a tad stale of late and virtually everything I’m writing I haven’t been at all happy with so here’s the deal! I had intend to blog about the trip anyway, take my little black book with me make notes and write my little cotton socks off, and hopefully I can come up with enough material (come on G is going what could go wrong ooops) for a whole new book and if you are indeed reading these words then this indeed either a new book totally dedicated to the mother of all road trips (how the hell do we top this fecker!) or it’s a few chapters in one of the multitude that I seem to permanently have on the boil, I don’t know read on and see what happens I can but try and if I’m honest I have a rejuvenated sense of wanting to write something and by golly nothing is going to stop me (apart from the wife abusing me again or I do indeed blink again!) unless I’m struck by apathy which would hopefully bounce right off my shield of hopefulness (can you tell how excited I’m getting already).

So let’s (as always) go with the flow let’s see where the currents take us and hopefully you will enjoy where the river transport takes us!
There's the start of the book properly, so many views and good comments already, thank you all so much until tomorrow and the next chapter Toodles! 

No comments:

Post a Comment