Sunday 4 September 2016

Now Hear This ..................Part 2.


Now here is how this works, I have been getting shit loads of questions from you the discerning reader, this is the second part, I have been tweaking this blog for weeks, time to stop sodding around and get the bugger posted, so here we go with various questions from various peeps, no names no pack drill! There are only 19 questions as I removed one as it was way too personal and the answer was way too damn bleak, we will save that for a later time altogether.

You just want to be a celebrity?

Erm fuck no, I started blogging as a form of anger management, I don’t make any money at it, I actually do it because I enjoy it, I’m not expecting to win any prizes I’m kind of surprised that you lot still read it!

Health seems to creep up quite a lot?

I will admit to being (at the moment) a poorly person, but I am doing all I can to make myself better, that’s all I can do, it’s a slow process and I’m not kidding myself, the damage done is quite severe, but with the help of friends and family I intend to beat these maladies and go on to be a better stronger person (here’s hoping) it’s my health that is slowing the writing process down because some nights I am just not physically or mentally able to write anything, my health comes before the blog, I have realised that, but the blog also helps me with my health so will just have to potter on when we can.

Music again?

It will always be based on or around music I’m obsessed with it, it starts my waking hour, I travel to work with it, if I can play music through the day I will, I travel home with it, and I sit at my laptop listening to it at night time, if I lived on my own I wouldn’t own a TV just a bloody expensive music centre!

What is your drive for life?

I got asked this question nearly a dozen times, virtually word for word, I did a bit of cyber stalking just to make sure it wasn’t just the same (nutcase) reader, it wasn’t, it appears there’s loads of you, I have no idea, if I did I would probably try and fix it, make it better lol I have no answer I tend to just take one day at a time, I like to remind myself I am an 18-year-old with over 30 years’ worth of experience, if I ever find out you lot will be the first to know.

Why do you feel the need to constantly rebuild the blog?

I like to tinker I like to try and make it better and yes sometimes I fiddle and have good intentions, sometimes I listen to what others say (not very often) as usually that’s when I start second guessing myself and it all goes horribly wrong, I soon revert too normal and again just potter on!

You mention your wife a lot are you trying to score points?

Hell no, just giving credit where credit is due, I function within this world mainly due to my wife, now it’s not always rosy in the garden and we have our ups and downs like anybody else, but if I could do anything for the wife I would, if its within my earthly grasp I would gladly do it for her, just sometimes though I wish she would listen to me because I’m not as daft as I look.


We want more Books?

I would love to do more books, however as I keep explaining I am cack handed with technology and Blurb books is not as user friendly as it once was, as I have explained in the past I feel (don’t we all) as though I have a great story within me, I have the characters, I have the plot I have a killer twist and I even had someone who was going to be my editor, but that plan was thwarted when E had her stroke and I will admit here and now that my heart isn’t in it, however the better I get the more the urge returns, so don’t give up hope because I certainly haven’t!

What are your ambitions?

Just to get through each day as it comes, I have no great plan, well not while I have to work for a living, it takes me all my time to concentrate on that, however as always there a number of cunning plans, which sometimes come to fruition but then again sometimes they don’t, we have to keep my powder dry, again as always as soon as I know you lot will know.

What’s happening?

Sod all, this is the second most asked question, life is not always a bowl of cherries, as I have just stated my health is my number one concern at the moment, I don’t have a white board with plans a hatching! This shit literally just pops up, again when it does you lot really are the first to know, my wife usually walks behind me shaking her head!

Do I have many Readers/Fans?

Erm I have no idea, I’m a tad concerned if I have “fans” I prefer to think of them as readers, and it varies, always less during the summer but it’s always three digits these days some higher than others, the previous blog used to hit four digits nearly all the time, I still write the same so maybe the site is more selective in who it lets read it, again I’m thick, I just go with the flow.

People?

Without interaction there is no blog, as I get older I love to people watch, and hopefully as I get older the blogs will get better, I know they are quite self-centred at the moment, I am trying to shift the direction just a little bit, but it’s not going to happen overnight, hopefully when it does it won’t be so noticeable, baby steps boys and girls baby steps.

Do you feel old?

Hell yeah sometimes I do, but other times (usually the good times) I still feel like that kid I was before I joined Her Majesty’s Armed Forces, I feel better these days than I have in the past, but yeah sometimes I feel like an old man. I would add as a post script that I feel more old fashioned than I do old, it’s hard to quantify it any other way than that.

What do I miss?

Old friends, and family members, I feel I have a few blogs in me regarding the old times (Mr Robinson is going to get his wish) but that’s about it, the past is the past, if we choose to live there we don’t live our lives, I have wasted far too long in the past it’s time to move forward, its best for all concerned both family and friends.

Onwards?

Possibly the most commented blog of late, I did it as an afterthought, it was no less thought through, but I did it to let the wife know how much I love her (oh dear I have said it again) and numbers wise it was triple digits within 24 hours which is rare, it must have touched a nerve both good ways and bad, some didn’t care for it, as always I write for me so if you have a complaint, I might read it I rarely take notice, constructive criticism I have no issues with, petty minded fuckwits can jog on ……….ooops I did it again (no Nils the name game is not in play for this one).

What drives you?  

Again this was asked a number of times and although I feel I have (I think) answered this, it keeps floating back into view, I really do wish I had more drive! I am envious of people who have this ability, me I just bimble from day to day. Also please see question number 4 of today’s blog!

Numbers?

Yes, I am obsessed with numbers simply because I have no idea what makes a great blog, the number one blog is “We Rock” it had over 500 hits inside three hours (WTF) I have no idea why it took off, it just did the next closest was the death of a close family member it may have taken longer to get there but its only 50 or so read behind the number one, maybe if I ever work it out the blog will not work, of course I would be lying if I said I didn’t want the blog to be successful, I do , I just don’t know how to do that!

Future times?

I really have no idea  what the future holds, I have many cunning plans, but no direct direction as to what these cunning plans are, I will continue as long as people read the blogs even if I go back to single digits (I need to be careful of what I wish for) I would like to get away from the name game in the title as it really is just a handful of people doing it these days, I will say that hopefully by next week I hope to have a rather large blog regarding some of my time in the music industry (warts and all) ready to be published.

Why do you always finish off with Toodles?

It something I have said since I was a kid, somehow it got tagged to the end of the blogs like a catch phrase, its non-threatening and I kind of like it.

Will there be more Now Hear This Blogs?

Probably, but not for the foreseeable future, keep sending your questions in I will stock pile them for later times, they seem to come in a glut and usually all about the same themes, let’s see what the tides brings to our shore!

So that’s that I hope you all enjoyed it, this should have been posted last week, but certain health issues came into play, hopefully the keel has been righted and soon there will be a steady flow of (nonsense) blogs coming your way, thank you for all of your comments kind or otherwise, keep spreading the disease until the next time ……………. Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment