Tuesday 27 November 2012

State of mind

OK so we all know that today is my birthday and that I had to go and sit with the dead and the dying (my annual visit to the doctors) and as always I look so forward to it, full of really old people who were old when I was a kid. Staff who don't give a shit (I hear where you are coming from guys and dolls but at least try and fake it and not come across like a bunch of Nazi's) and a bunch of junkie's I would gladly take outside and shoot (damn I sound like the staff) and as always the place runs like a well oiled .....OK lets not go there I have a tendency to day dream while I'm there, today was no different and these are the things that I realised while waiting for the nice Doctor to see me:

Dead is the new unambiguous!

Hairy is the new Face!

The Buckets are probably the most consistent band I have ever seen play live!

Bi-Polar is the new undecided!

Dread is the new fear!

Finding the right time for you is the new impotence!

Smoking is the new outdoor style of living!

Being a football fan is the new birth control! ........well have you seen the price of a season ticket!

Vegan-ism is the new "tastes like chicken"!

Heavily armed is the born again!

Methadone is the new crowd control! .....The walking dead is a reality come to Gimpsville you will see!

Singing is the new Hubris!

Driving is the new walking!

The smiley sign emoticon is the new "yours sincerely"!

Misinformed is the new Patriotic!

Talking is the new singing!

Bald is the new head.....oh and the new crotch if you check out Chris Harrison's photo's!

Gay marriage is the new "be careful what you wish for"!

Working is for the simple few!

Texting is the new talking!

Sheepishly claiming you have an STD is the new flirting! (hahahaha you kids know feck all if that's flirting count me out).

And finally because i really want this one to catch on 48 is the new 30.....no ah well it was worth a try!

And then I got called into the Quacks, I was seen to and I said same time as next year, headed home to see if I had been successful in hiding my birthday on Farcebook (nope) to be greeted by Junior who had made a card (what a genius he's not even two yet! not really sure why the wife was covered in ink though) and I as I type this checking on numbers for the last couple of blogs, they have both been in excess of 50 + for each blog stunned is not the word ...well it is as the wife found her cattle prod and boy does it sting, she has been reading the blogs she just wanted to lull me into a false sense of security, but it's all good now to head down the rabbit hole and get on and finish book number seven. Cunning stunts and events are planned watch this space and the skies for the next thrilling adventure of walks with broken hoop, until then .......Toodles!




No comments:

Post a Comment