Sunday 25 November 2012

Underneath My Pillow

So maybe not the start to my holliberries as I expected the pay was in, but a decidedly shit day at work put me in a foul mood, which as I type is festering in the back of my mind plotting, doing what I do best so by the time I go back there should be some fun and games to be had.

Yesterday was a day of polishing and ploughing through all my ideas that I have for the next "new" book, which will be here with us sometime in the new year, checking all the stuff that I have done for the new book due before Christmas, which again I have polished and added yet another new chapter that I previously hadn't done before, which is nearly there but not quite so I know what I shall be doing tonight, also I have been in a pit of misery as I feel as though if I was an old car I would be getting put on the back of a tow truck to be dragged to the scrapyard, Not fixed up by G and Mr C, I have been through the wars with broken bones and the such like but my shoulder has well and truly done the business as I struggle to move, which is a nightmare as I'm trying to break a forty plus year habit of sleeping on my arm (ouch) underneath my pillow. it's muscular though so hopefully easily sorted (fingers crossed).

The choices for tonight's entertainment are do we stay in and have a night of doing sweet bugger all keeping the pennies for next weekend, going to see Europe in Newcastle who to be honest we have seen the last two times and we know they are a bloody good band live but what are they going to do that will be "different" the problem with bands needing to survive by touring they are like a bus "oooh look it's November Europe must be due a tour" you get the picture, or we could (and this one would get my vote purely for the mayhem quotation but the wife isn't 100% so it's a no no!) go and see Bessie and the Zinc Buckets in sunny South Shields! bedlam with just a hint of drink induced frenzy, so I will tinker about the house with just a hint of a pet lip as I endure the Boo Hoo Club and look after my sickly co conspirator who as always is in worse shape than this whinging man!

So we will endeavour to enjoy the last Grand Prix of the season and make sure that we are prepared for our Friday night to come with good friends and hopefully to our preferred drinking hole in Newcastle (no not the Robbers Den) safe in the knowledge that there will be a couple of jaunts away in the coming weeks to bring friendship and sanity back into our lives OK so sanity will be spelt with a silent "in" in front of it, but who cares the The Tee Hee Club will rise again these last six months have been absolute purgatory, but praise the lord there is a light at the end of the tunnel and thankfully it's G going on about hoops while stealing handbags and dancing in high heels!

The numbers for the last couple of blogs have indeed been through the roof! so there's a plus for me and all my negativity and a lot of peeps seem to be digging the vibe so hopefully I can try and keep grooving in the right direction, some of you are indeed spreading the disease so thank you for that, if any of you check the Blurb website the numbers have shrunk obviously because I have been quite quiet lately .But if you click the like button on there on any particular book itself,Blurb will start pushing them again, any help gratefully accepted me a media whore....of course darling!

So a week to write my socks off I already have a blog for my birthday prepared and honestly I don't think it will be too bilious, I may not like the day but I'm not that much of a sour puss as too rain on others good wishes, after that well not a lot and plenty of it and then silent running for a while to get the juices flowing and down onto the page so to speak so enjoy hanging onto the spinning pearl we call home and watch the skies there could be a few blogs soon....Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment