Thursday 31 May 2012

Shoot low aim high!

Oh dear I keep saying that I don't play the game but from time I do and when I do I don't play fair! but I believe that I have been just a tad naughty let me explain!

There has been much game playing of late and for reasons I won't go into here I elected not to play (or so everybody thought) and my intention is that the best man will always win, or so they would have you believe, a number of people had been so two faced they really didn't know whether they were coming or going! well I did because I'm really good at playing the game (I am, I just don't like to play) so I broke glass on pathways (back to talking in code again sorry) and made sure the people I wanted to go down certain routes went down the route I chose for them and not the one they wanted to, I then threw a number of curve balls which stopped everybody in their tracks because people think they know what I'm going to do next (hahaha you don't because I never do you fools!) and when the dust settled the people who had stabbed me in the back had no other option but to come and try and claim my seal of approval, that's when I set off every little trap that I had set they had walked in to the biggest cluster fuck they could ever imagine.

My company is big on internal promotion but if you refuse to play by their rules you don't really stand a cat in hells chance which when I went for the big job at work everybody panicked, you see I am the best person for running the job (that doesn't mean I'm the best man on site I just bring a particular set of skills to the table) I pulled out for the right reasons I knew that the well had been poisoned and that my family as always should come first (something I had neglected after my operation I was selfish and just wanted to go back to work) so I pulled back and watched everybody breath a sigh of relief, that just left the number two slot to be filled so again the broken glass directed people back to me and the people who applied (I didn't ) asked me for my opinion and to be honest if this is the best we can come up with then ladies and gentleman please do not remove your life jackets just yet!

I coached all of the candidates (some better than others) and loaded all of the park with booby traps, which is why before the interviews my new boss came and offered the job to me with out an interview now I could be really naughty and tell everybody that he had done that but then that wouldn't be cricket would it!, I politely refused giving constructive reasons as to why (rather than the flame thrower I wanted to use) which left him shell shocked as he thought I would jump at the chance, the problem and this sounds silly I have no desire to sit in front of a computer all day trying to manage systems that aren't compatible talk about juggling with hand grenades, could I do the job? hell yeah with some training as for this particular task I have no idea but I reckon give me two days and I would pass the rest of the field who have been doing the job for seven yes that's right seven years! damn one of them looked at me blankly as I said I had sent him the application form as an attachment, you can see where this is going can't you (iceberg dead ahead) I coached all of the candidates I filled in their application forms, so it really will be the best man on the day hahaha, I still expect for them to come back to me and I still intend to say no , why because when it all goes totally pear shaped I know I can step in and put my mark on it and hopefully steer the ship to still waters and save all that are still aboard the good ship Disaster! It was also funny that person who was taking notes said that the chairmen of the panel said it had my finger prints over all of the candidates..... that's because I did and yet I didn't apply he will now be thinking as to why I didn't, hahaha I believe in the long game, always have, always will!

Should I do this? why not I didn't start it but I certainly will have the last word, I will do whatever is required to make the job succeed however I have no intention of working damn hard and then have others snatch the glory and claim the prize this time it's my competition and my rules (as in there is none hahahaha) and I'm sure this will rumble on a while what will make it all that much harder I intend to have a very low profile and then I go on holiday for the coming week so that will cause some consternation as people will be expecting something that might or might not happen hahahaha I love being totally evil (watch this space).

The old man of the house is hanging on but its not great, is this the glow before the end I don't know he's not in any pain but it's distressing to all of us in the house, we are really just taking it one day at a time, SMOR rang unexpectedly last night was good it was great to hear from him even though the eldest spoilt the goodness later on.The new book I still hate but it's on it's way so I will let the wife decide whether it goes to the general public or not, I'm twisted on this one but I do believe even if I don't send it out it's something I had to do! the next book is complete even the previously unpublished bits and no none of it is from the out takes from "Piffle" the leftovers are definitely far too dark too be published in their current form, I need some sunshine in my life before I go back to that place and the way life is at the moment I'm not expecting the clouds too clear any time soon! so again that's it, last blog of the month and hopefully enjoyable even if it's been all in code enjoy the Jubilee week/end whatever you are doing until the next time Toodles!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment