Monday 14 May 2012

The Buckets made me do it!

OK so I kept my promise and kept a low profile (from blogging that is) and had a holiday that was neither fab or crap it was just well erm...OK, but it was nine days off and to be honest I really didn't want to go back this morning but I'm a big boy so I only kicked and screamed the first five mile!
Yesterday was to be a day of cunning plans most of which were to be missed completely, but the old man of the house had me up as usual early (6.30ish) and I sat and twiddled my thumbs mainly because I was puggled and needed a lie in what a surprise on holiday yet again and I didn't get one!

The wife appeared from out of nowhere like a bloody ninja (again) and she was up early for her, and we both chilled and pottered then the Grand Prix started and we had it on in the background while we sort of pottered, some more it really was like being in slow motion but we were both ready in time and off we set to South Shields to have some dinner  and to see the Buckets play their last gig of the "season". I have promised to do some music for the next Jubilee reunion and was using the journey down to trial it with the wife and if I say so myself I was really only happy with about half of it so there will be some polishing done before we get to the big night it should be (ahem) fine! move along nothing to see there no car crash or anything hahaha honest it will be peachy.

We got there in time for G to be once again abused (a repeat of last Sunday well not quite) but he had to be marshalled to sort his racing snake of a body into something that hid the fact that he is "Elvis" we were soon shocked at the sight of our wives licking their respective mobiles as they are now in love/lust (part 32422) with Olli or at least that's what they say his name is yet another boy toy(for those that are interested its Olli Herman Kosunen and he was born in 1983 you cradle snatching harpies)I think I need to take an interest in nubile ladies of some description, we managed to get their interest back onto food and we headed off to the Mile for a hot Sunday dinner (and it was bloody lovely) we got there towards the end of service but there was still plenty of grub and yes indeed it was HOT (please take note Marsden Inn) the only real mishap was that G was given a bit of wire as a supplement, but as usual he couldn't stop fiddling with it so it was lost to the mists of time and that million dollar law suit will come to nothing because of it!

Actually I lied I though the wife was going to go on a killing spree when her pudding was delivered with ice cream when ours actually came with custard (that's what you asked for you mad mare)  but crisis averted it was four very full and uncomfortable people who climbed into the Clampetts Mobile and some of us were gentlemen while others burped and farted all the way to the riverside! we arrived and discovered some people who we hadn't expected to be there (and that was a hoot) and we settled to watch a Norman Collier version of the last Newcastle game of the season (the picture stuttered frequently for those of you not there) a crap result for us but a great one in the eye for the red side of Manchester so that was a result!

The Frog on the Tyne was the support for the day and with the assistance of some Frog lights Charlotte's mike stand definitely looked the part, and then the day took off and if I'm honest I had suffered standing through the match (nothing that drink couldn't sort out) so I gravitated to a seat in the back and enjoyed both of Charlotte's sets and thankfully Mr Charlton did not end up in a wedding dress! the pub got a little bit more full at the seams, and we waited and waited for the Buckets. And then they were there on the stage having a blast, happily ignoring G as he kept pestering them for Mud's Tiger Feet but we did get as always get an odd assortment (class as for as I'm concerned) of tracks we even had a reading of John Cooper Clarke but I would be F*****g spoiling it by F*****g telling you who it F*****g was who did the oration! There were more dodgy lunatics that you could shake a stick at and some even dodgier coins that were not of any realm, as the gig progressed I wasn't as happy as I thought I would be (and I do apologise if I spoilt anybody's evening) but I was well aware of the impending doom (OK I was being melodramatic millions of people go back to work after a holiday and not winning the lottery) of a 4.30 wake up call and I really did not fancy it in any way shape or form.

We said our goodbyes later than I thought we would (which was good) but I was quiet on the way home and I think the wife thought there was more going on than there actually was, I was sober (damn and blast) and in pain with my knees which are getting better but today was a long day for me. we got home in a decent enough time (it always seems to take less time to get there) I watched a few of the games on Match Of The Day but I soon hit the hay for my long lie in (NOT) and I awoke before my bloody alarms went off and was soon sat like a sad person waiting for my lift who soon had my head done in and I was wishing for a blunt implement to beat him to death, I really didn't want to go but I cried havoc let loose the dogs of war once more unto the breach I ventured and it wasn't as bad as it could have been but we got there in the end . all in all a great way to end the weekend The Buckets give me a smile as big as a smiley thing.

The new book Is close to being finished I have two more chapters left to write (Technology and Religion) and then to polish it a couple of times and whittle it down from 32 chapters to about 22 although the worst won't be discarded they will be reworked and polished for later books (hopefully) I am on schedule for an end of May publication and the usual suspects will as always get their copies, I'm not sure what I think about it at the moment but it has gone smoother than anticipated well you can decide when and if it actually gets published on time! that's that then I hope you enjoyed the first one in what seems like a bloody life time and thankfully The Buckets made me do it until the next time Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment