Tuesday 1 May 2012

Intriguing Possibilities

So I blogged and felt so much better for it, it did indeed lift my spirits so that's a good thing I hope! this can only mean one thing (when I find out what that thing is I will tell the world hahaha!)

I knew I had work in the morning and I didn't get the long night's sleep that I was hoping for, but it did the trick and I wasn't troubled with bad dreams(as can be the case) and I awoke feeling quite refreshed, I may have been up with the (pil)larks, but I did feel an upward surge (oooer Mrs) I was up and about and (oooh song title alert) feeling  good, so good in fact that I went out for my lift that little bit sooner and enjoyed the damp morning, watching others heading to or from work it is indeed my favourite part of the day. It was cold but I didn't mind especially when I was in this frame of mind, it doesn't happen very often so as always I went along with the flow. I had numerous spinning plates that needed keeping an eye on, so the day was going to be very busy.

My knees had been good (well better is a better description) and I am enjoying longer periods of pain free walking (I'm still crippled if I stand for long periods of time and by long I mean more than five minutes at a time) than I have in a long time, they are not perfect, but getting better all the time you never know I might even do the great north run in 2134 (hahahaha) I do still hobble but I like to think that I hobble with character. Teaching season is over at work (for now) and the new tasks that have been added to my job description did begin to overwhelm me just a tad but I took a deep breath and came up with a willingness to work which surprised even me! I kept the plates spinning and endured two rants that although weren't directed at me I was the first person in the firing line, when they vented their spleen I asked them if that was the best that they had which got a laugh and broke the tense atmosphere, as it happens I totally sympathise with their situation and hopefully offered a different perspective on the issue and also some larger calibre ammunition to fire when the right person does actually hone into view (hahaha) I told you I'm not bad just a little naughty.

Today was more of the same but with a hint of fun (and chaos) and the day sped away, these short days are fab and I only felt the urge to tell my lift to F O A D  twice which for me is good, he's been very helpful but he does have a tendency to butt in when he's not needed (he's a well meaning soul with size 14 boots....hob nailed ones at that!) I'm sure he will get the drift (eventually) tomorrow is a long day with a lot of walking involved but it has to be done so I will just have to suck it up, today I was so industrious on my computer people thought I wasn't well! with most of my computer based stuff done, it's amazing what two hours in an office with nobody there will do for your concentration, I'm still about 90% slower than the office junior but what the hell I struggle with pen and paper never mind computers! the rest of the day was spent going through paperwork in our complaints department (yes we do have one) listening to the crap that people spew which I won't bore you with other than to say that the winner of nutter of the day award goes to the person who wrote in complaining about the size of the lifts!  FECK OFF !

I got home while it was still daylight and happily endured my youngest daughter and wife and their tales of woe and frivolity even the grandson was happy to see me (mind you he could have been filling his nappy not quite sure on that one) we idled the night away with humour and the wife sinking (she does too much and won't take a telling) and I endured threats of violence when a certain person found out I was more than willing to be at their house on Sunday at 6.30 in the morning for my G fix hahahaha (actually reading that back it does sound so wrong hahahaha) but cunning plans abound for the coming weekend with lots of people in the mix i have the feeling that this indeed could be a bloody good weekend and you know what that means (blogs galore!), numbers are increasing so thanks to all that are indeed spreading the disease, a good mood helps everybody even my little doodles have been helping people as far away as Asia and lots of people from America, oh dear just don't mention the "R" word.

Being home on time and not blinking on the settee all night long music has crept back into the mix with even more cunning plans being sorted as we speak as I could potentially be charged with dereliction of duty for the Jubilee re union I have been tinkering but I have not gone into full meltdown mode (just yet) finding some rocktastic tunes for the night (much researching still  to do) and as I sit here I'm listening to the new It Bites CD which is possibly the best CD Marillion album that they never made (sorry Mr G it's true a cracking album but they should be sued by Marillion circa 1989) and I have a list of CD's to follow including in no particular order the new Godz CD, Counting Crows, Cold Chisel (which is cracking) a Triumph live Bootleg from 1983/4 and a wonderfully monnickered band called St Prostitute! Don't worry Nicola the music will be fabtastic and not progtastic that I keep threatening you with!

And that another one done a one that when I started typing didn't have a name to go with it (I nearly always start with a title so this one just felt weird in a nice kind of way) so if the title is a tad weird (when I finally work one out) don't worry normal service will resume as soon as possible! play nice have fun enjoy life and until the next one Toodles!

Finally decided on a blog title and yes its a song title if anybody gets this one I will grow a full head of hair!


No comments:

Post a Comment