Monday 28 May 2012

May the sunshine

Damn I hate this weather not the heat but I look more Chinese than Jacky Chan and without my glasses I'm as blind as Stevie Wonder damn when did I get this bloody old....answers on a postcard to FOAD.com!

The new book is finally complete and with a few distractions from the wife who hadn't spoke to me all day but when I was scratching my head trying to remember how to upload the book to the publishers she wants a complete philosophical discussion on the merits of the inside of a bloody ping pong ball (she does that also when its an early start and I have a late night go figure) the book I hate at the moment! but I had to let it go at some point and if I hadn't done it, I probably would have deleted the bloody thing so here we go for better or worse, although I have had some very kind words from Sweden and Germany saying that they like it, they like it a lot, you guys read the lot then decide in fact Jessie be the first person in Sweden to own one and buy it from blurb.com at the cost of manufacture and postage, I can but hope!

This new one is all singing all dancing brand new and I think that's why I have my knickers in a twist I have kept about fourteen chapters back for a similar exercise if this goes down well but please don't expect that before this time next year and the chapters were dark too dark to be released all in one day, so a polishing I will go in the hope to bring light to it, "Piffle" finished and "Toodles" should be complete by the end of this week with an end of June release date although that is subject to change, I think it depends on all the feedback for "Piffle" first read enjoy and tell me what you all think! I realise that I'm reaching not only saturation point (come on guys 6 books in 8 months) but I'm heading to burnout on the writing front so I do intend to take a step back after this one and give myself a good 5 months to complete number 7 which will come with the title "Buck Naked and the Nine Stone Cowboy" the cover has already been shot and it will be a lot "Happier" than "Piffle" , I think the main cause of me heading to burnout is that I'm hyper critical of what I have written and I tend to over polish things, most chapters in the book were written and then rewritten more than once, with also trying to do the blog I'm aware of the fact that I have no desire to repeat myself and please be aware that "Toodles" is another greatest hits package with Two chapters being Written especially for the book and they won't be available in the preview section hahahahaha!

The weekend has been a funny one and not ha-ha kind of funny we are of the impression that the old man of the house is on his way out I'm wary of having another situation that we had suffered last year with our little dog, this is going to be devastating and it will be the end of pets in our house completely I have no wish to see him suffer a loss of quality of life and in his "bad" moments its horrible, but then he brightens up and you really don't know what to do for the best, at the moment our schedule  is revolving around him so watch this space!

I'm now in the final run of a week of earlies and then a week off to recharge and do what ever the wife wants (within reason the spleen isn't ready to be harvested just yet) and I know I will have a few chores to do but hopefully fingers crossed a few field trips have been planned lets just see how they pan out! hopefully this blog is a tad happier than the last one I have noticed peeps tend to stay away when I go into rant mode so I might just save it for the books hahahaha, play nice enjoy the weather while we have it and get your fingers out and buy some books you tight wads have fun and until the next time Toodles!



No comments:

Post a Comment