Saturday 14 April 2012

Hand Grenade (this could get messy!)

So I'm sat here like Billy no mates as the wife and the youngest are off to see McFly I'm not sure who is meant to be chaperoning who? They set off at an ungodly hour (thanks E for helping get the tickets) even so it's nice to see my girls happy and act as though a family should, I went to assist the wife on a few messages before she went out and I spent some time in Iceland(the shop and not where Farcebook says that I probably am) so I could have some food (me depressed never) but its terrible I can only have curry when they aren't in the house to be honest I think I overcompensated as I also called into Yagers (a pork butchers where I live) for a couple of pork specials (they didn't last long) but I had a shopping list something for lunch (meatball pizza) something for tea (chicken korma) something for sweet (lemon cheesecake) OK so that went  in the first half hour (I was a down in the dumps what can I say except yes the full one went) and a bar of chocolate for to watch the TV with later on and I do intend to be good from now on(fingers crossed, touch wood and anything else to help.

I have to admit I'm glad to have the day to myself as work has been so strange this week I'm back doing what I like best (teaching)but there has been a distinct lack of goodwill in the classroom, I still haven't learnt how to deflect a bad vibe(when it arises) I just want to break a chair over their heads, nothing major just it has made a little grumpy (hahaha) and then I had a bit of a grump at my area manager as he seems to not take little old me seriously (so wrong bonny lad so wrong) so I decided to up the ante and picked out my favourite hand grenade (its an analogy boys and girls don't get worried) the last time I was ignored I was promoted over the heads of six very good tradesmen, its now time to up the ante and really try this time! I had been trying to get a straight answer out of him about the TSM position (the big cheese on site) and he simply avoided me, so I did what I do in these situations I applied for the post and once people found out that I had, it caused good times and bad times I have to admit I was going to do it just to be annoying (yes boys and girls I can be annoying I know I look so angelic) but the support that I have received since was to say the least outstanding, and with a number of people already not only offering me help but have actually assisted me with my application which caused me no end of trouble but as usual I have deviated from the tale so lets head back to the start!

Wednesday was always going to be a long day four courses in one day, luckily the last one was cancelled so I did get home a little earlier than anticipated I do admit that I was stewing over my area manager, and the wife as always was supportive (well she grunts back at me at all the right moments) and said you do what you have to do. I was back on public transport this week and the journey in is nice and quiet(so I can contemplate the chaos and mayhem I intend to cause)but the night time is rather worse than normal as it's half term and I don't do squealing teenagers! (oops that sounds so wrong) Thursday on the way to work I decided that not only was I going to crap in a few tea pots, but I intended to be deadly serious (something i very rarely do) and really have a go for it the other candidates have been drip fed information over the last few months so that its a level playing field for them, but when I announced to the client that I did indeed intend to throw my cap into the ring he went ballistic as he said exactly that "it's not a level playing field" and that he would give me any assistance that he could to help (result) allegedly later that night he was discussing it with another manager(who until recently has hated my guts or so I thought) to which their reply was "Colin doesn't need your help but the others definitely do now!" there was an out pouring of positivity and I was pointed in the right direction to fill in the application, I finished my teaching and rang the wife to tell her that I was going to fill in the application (this was at twenty to five) and she sounded like she had been drugged (she really needs to stay off the Ketamine) I should have realised this would cause me problems later on but I was giddy from the support I was receiving,so off I set only to be dragged into the clients office to have a conversation as to how I wanted to do this which was really helpful, I then buggered off to my office to fill in the form, now when I do a blog it usually takes me about two hours and it's fairly fluffy (yes this is fluffy) stuff it's not deadly serious and there might (hahahaha) be one or two mistakes, I couldn't afford to get this wrong this was to be in charge of a five point four million pound contract to run a property worth in excess of a billion pounds, this really is the big leagues and I had to check and re check and then polish and polish it again it actually took me just over three hours I should have realised the positivity would soon run out!

I wasn't wrong as I was literally marching as fast as I could to catch a bus to get home I contacted the wife to tell her I was on my way home and she tore into me like a weasel on a bag of treats! now I have to admit I wasn't a happy bunny, yes she did have a point I had just done a fourteen hour day (but for good reason) including the travel and I have to admit it didn't end well so I hung up (told you I can do mature)I got to the bus stop  and discovered I had marched all that way for nothing as the bus was actually at half past the hour instead of quarter past so I thought I had better try and apologise! Thankfully I didn't make it any worse but I'm sure I didn't make any better(I find it hard to apologise when I feel I'm doing something for the benefit of my family) either but we went to our separate corners which was probably for the best I got on a crowded bus full of retards (OK teenagers who I have to admit I just wanted to kill the lot and I like to think my vibe seeped into them as the longer the journey went on the less the irritated me), thankfully they all got off before the end of the journey however I was cursed as they got off a crowd of OAP's got on and they must have all let go with the incontinence as they got on the bus the over powering smell of urine was unbelievable I'm surprised the bus driver let them on.

By this time I was shattered and I really wasn't in the mood for a scrap with the wife but she had calmed down (a little) and actually had put some food on for me, I lasted all of fifty minutes before I had to hit the hay to do it all over again the next day, which I did but I was still tired and the day couldn't be over soon enough I was home for six o'clock but my phone was dead so that nearly caused world war three, crisis averted I chilled and only blinked once. the youngest was home so it was a great time I was happy  and content I had thrown my hand grenade and there were some incredibly unhappy peeps life was in deed good!  As I type this I await the fourth book which is indeed on its way and I should really knuckle down and get on with things there's lots to do and I really do need to more for "piffle" which I have to admit is being far harder than I thought it would be, but what doesn't kill us will only make it more gratifying once it is complete and that's it done! I have so much more to do, thank you to everybody who has gone out of there way to assist me to get where I am today.Tomorrow is another day and hopefully there really is a light at the end of the tunnel lots of places to go in the coming week I just don't know if I can grow an organ quick enough to pay for all the damage that we can cause hahaha. so until then keep spreading the word life is......OK for the time being I have eaten my chocolate but then again you all knew that I would anyway until the next time Toodles!

Oh and by the way I was going to stop using song titles for blog titles but then Norm Burn suggested something after I posted on farcebook a comment so here we are and thankfully it didn't get that messy!












No comments:

Post a Comment