Tuesday 21 February 2012

The Wrath of (Genghis) Khan

Its no good I can't keep it up (please remove your mind from the gutter). I have to put my hands up and admit I'm goosed,the finish line is in sight for the end of year (work wise) and at the moment if I don't buck my ideas up (help) I'm going to fail spectacularly (like a skydiver without a parachute) I'm cream crackered, knackered totally banjaxed (and any other word you care to mention for being a tad tired)and the only person I  have to blame is me! I'm not being pushed by work, I'm not being driven by the client I'm just desperate to finish on time (there's a theme there somewhere) and because of this I'm a physical wreck (falling to pieces day by day)I wasn't in the best of shape after my operation and yes before everybody starts whinging I know I went back ahead of what the doctor said but I wasn't getting better sitting on my arse at home. The main issue I have is tiredness, sleep deprivation because I am at work for longer periods of time than normal I tend to stay up with my wife to see her (when I don't fall a sleep on the settee) so consequently getting up with the larks (The pillarks that is)means life can  catch me really quickly, my feet kill me my knees can be painfully after long periods of standing still,I have some kind of flesh eating disease (don't ask) simply because I am tired.

Is there a point to all this? well yes there is, I wouldn't advise after a twelve hour day while the wife is babysitting to disappear off upstairs and run a bath (even if you make a lovely meal for two for tea)  and definitely don't fall asleep in said bath unless you want to wake up with your wife standing over you ruining the element of surprise while she attempts to drown you by screaming like a Visigoth at you for falling asleep in the bath because as she is getting the grandson to sleep you should know (hells bells of course I should) that the dog is going to bark like a mad hound to be out (because he can't cross his legs) and because you are asleep your head (or at least your ears) will have slipped under the water so to deaden the sound of the herd of wildebeest hurtling towards you to scream at you like a loon because you have the temerity to fall asleep and the dog has woken the grandson up (ooops but what about me ) this holiday really can't come quick enough and when we come back I have two very hectic weeks but after that I can breath in relax (and worry about paying for the spending spree for the holiday hahahaha) and enjoy life (if the wife will let me) all over again.

Honest I will try and and get a semblance of life other than work work and then more work! thank you for all the kind comments and for everybody who has had a peek at the books on blurb.com (would be nicer if a few of you actually bought a book or four thousand as they are wonderfully cheap) number three is on its way and after I posted it the page had over 150 views so its heading in the right direction but another thing why I'm not happy about all this work I'm not writing (the quality that I expect) for number four which will be here in May (allegedly) so I really do need to pull my finger out so until then if the wife doesn't drown me play nice and enjoy life you only get one...Toodles!

1 comment:

  1. Well if you want to end up doing a Whitney just you go ahead dont mind me but why you cant just go in the bath and get washed is beyond me when you knew we only had a small window to get him to sleep bloody whinger!!!!!

    ReplyDelete