Friday 17 February 2012

Profession of Violence

OK so for legal reasons I'm not allowed to name names and all that rubbish ...so I won't but I have to blow off steam! so here we go and damn the torpedoes. I like my job no sorry that should read I love my job I have been doing it now for nearly 7 years after moving up through the department to get where I am now I'm not perfect, I certainly don't know everything about my job (I'm always suspicious of people who claim they do) but I am passionate about doing it right and going the extra mile to help people who basically are abandoned by middle management and are left to fend for themselves and I like to think that I do actually go the extra mile to assist them, or at least try to.

Now some people want help and some really don't care or even give a rats ass my favourite answer so far is "I'm only here to sell shirts mate!" these people who think that there are no repercussions and that they can sail oblivious to anything that will have serious consequences "what can they do to me" I'm continually stupefied at how dumb these people are and I really would love to know how they keep there jobs, or at least how they haven't killed somebody or worse still lots of people, what has got me wound up today well I inspected a tenant on behalf of the landlord and did my usual inspection,and I pointed out a number of things that needed to be sorted nothing major nothing that a trained chimp couldn't sort out within twenty fours hours, hells bells I did ninety per cent of it for them (free of charge) sorry getting ahead of myself lets start at the beginning, I make an appointment a week in advance so that they can be prepared for my inspection and if they have any queries before hand I can point them in the right direction, like I said I like to help (the walking dead)but as it happens this particular manager decided to "avoid" me, now this happens a lot so I'm used to it I just go into scare mode and make sure when they do turn up they contact me so I can enquire if they enjoyed their day off while I was instructing their staff how to avoid prosecution and put their sorry ass in prison when it's required and yes with out my help it's going to happen sooner rather than later hahaha!

So back to the day of my inspection and the guy I have an appointment with "Isn't in" but his area manager is (1-0) and he isn't happy (2-0) so I then take him by the hand and lead him through the minefield that his member of staff is leaving at his doorstep! now at this point I have his full attention (or so I thought) and as I have already said it's nothing major (as long as it gets sorted) I explained our process what he needs to do, that he will get letters (not pleasant and very very legal) but as long as he gets to grip with it should be done and dusted before he gets my first letter (should be hahahaha) he claims that he will tear his manager a new one (3-0) I leave feeling a little safer, knowing that it will get sorted I offer to come in and run through what's required and even do some basic fire safety training for his staff (free of charge I don't mind and they are always suspicious "free") my man turned to the first part the next day to be met with great indifference (3-1) and when we turned up together to complete all the rest of the stuff and nobody was there GRRRR! (3-2) so I left a voice mail message saying if he wanted it he would have to chase me (4-2) and that was that I went about my business moving on to the next task.

My letter gets sent (just to the unit) no reply (4-3) and again I go about my business letter two gets sent (to the unit and his head office)  again no reply (4-4) well that is until today, if you follow the blog you will be aware of how busy I have been, and although I'm not perfect the odd thing has got past me and even though the walking dead don't seem to want my help I keep plodding on trying to help them all (like the deluded loon that I have become) so all this week I have been leaving work on time (me with my reputation) although I haven't been taking my breaks as I'm supposed to I don't mind as long as I'm busy but there is (always) some background noise from individuals (well meaning but still there hahaha) and I had a very crammed (but good) day and as we travelled home I was amazed at how quick the week had went and with very little drama (and the countdown started from this point) my main drama today was I hadn't charged my Blackberry so I didn't bother bringing it home (fatal) I hadn't been home long when my personnel mobile was glowing like the Bat phone, I thought I had better answer and when I did it turns out that the area manager was having issues with said manager and he had turned up at his head office to discover letter two sat on his desk (did I tell you all that they are very legal hahaha) well I believe his bottom fell out(big style) breach of lease falsification of records etc etc I do believe I got his attention but because I wasn't there he was having a very stressful day.

So I gathered all the relevant information and rang him expecting a battle royal when I finally rang him (OK so I made him stew for 37 minutes hey I was off the clock and was preparing to turn up and tear him a new one) I finally got  an answer and once again took him through the process, talking to him in a way my one year old grandson would understand and explained that I'm more than willing to help him through the process but he is going to have to get his finger out and crack on. at the end of our conversation (when his crying had nearly subsided) he explained that the company had let the said manager "go" (5-4) not a pleasing result and to be honest there was a lot more to it which he didn't want to divulge but the upshot he believed that he could trust this individual and he took the piss something rotten, The reason why this country is in the grip of the HSE (look it up if your not in the trade) is because of these individuals people who are supposed to have the interests of not only their staff but you the general public in their grubby little mitts and I suppose its why I love my job because I really am trying help these dullards (OK there's tons more people who are clued up and are fantastic at their jobs) or at he least the ones who really are a danger!

Now after I have calmed down ( I actually went to the library with my youngest which was cool) and I have typed my rage away I honestly believe if I got to do this job when I was younger I do believe I probably end up hitting the loons (hence the title) that populate where I work because I can't believe that people can be as dumb as a box of frogs, ah well as long as it keeps a roof over my head I suppose, and with the bile gone I am off to chill relax and do what the rest of the world seems to do on a regular basis so until the next time Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment