Saturday 4 February 2012

From the light into the dark

Morning world and yes the log jam is indeed broken as I  sit here looking after a poorly wife, my head appears (to me anyways) to be focused and has a purpose not seen in the last fortnight a great nights sleep and I think I'm rested and hot to trot with what the new day will bring!

The intention is to keep looking after the wife but I hope (fingers crossed) to finish three chapters for "Piffle" today, it will be the lottery of titles that determine what I write so far 24 chapters (OK about 2000 words) written and not everyone will be used for this book but while I have it in my head I feel the desire to get it down on paper (so to speak) and while I do that I have a multitude of other tasks to do so we shall see, I was asked about my process for writing "Piffle" with the tendency of a lottery of titles and do I avoid certain titles, that would be a no I came up with a list of around 100 chapter titles and I randomly pick 3 at at a time some might be good some might be crap but hopefully out of 100 there should be some gold to pan handle but at a quarter of the way there I really do need to get my finger out and get on with it!

The Vegas trip has the potential for yet another (vanity) project and I will need to crack on with that otherwise it will fall like a corpse at the side of the road to be dragged into the woods and be devoured by my insecurity's (and I have loads enough already) as I sit I have about 9 books on the boil my fiction attempt has been pushed further back in the scale of things because I just can't get to grips with it I have the story I have all the characters and an amazing twist in the tale and every-time I start I recognise the style of a particular author so I need to address that and at the moment I cannot even contemplate  those issues at this junction in time,but it is the most burning issue writing wise I have so it will float back to the top sooner than later.

As I hurtle to wards the dark (no the wife isn't driving) of writing I hope everybody has a safe weekend as there is snow heading our way the old me would be stood at the back gate with my sledge waiting for it to fall the new me is a cripple in the white stuff and besides I have too much writing to crack on with so until the next time Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment