Monday 13 February 2012

An orphans tale

This one will be a short and sweet one but also something slightly different from me bitching about life the universe and everything!

We found it all alone by itself, it was a twin but this little fellow was lost and lonely all by himself indeed a stranger in a strange land, it had tried to stray into the dark corners and shield itself away from harms way, so many of it's brethren had fallen prey to the many dangerous things that roamed these dark dangerous alleyways at some point there had been huge herds of them roaming free but now so many of them had been caught and systematically abused, had been pushed into servitude which they didn't deserve working long arduous hours doing dangerous things that the likes of PETA were established for.

Now before anybody gets all uptight this is a situation that is happening in most houses up and down the land that's right I'm talking Sock abuse, those poor little things that have to put up with our stinky sweaty feet (well your's might be but mine are perfect) this little sock thought that he had escaped but no the wife found him and dragged him screaming into the light, damning him to the potential of the wife sticking her big plates of meat into them rather my dainty little feet and I know I will get into trouble with the wife for this (Ooops my inside voice again)how can we buy 30 pairs at a time yet within weeks we spend hours scratting through the house trying to pair what were once socks from the same batch but once washed they look like something from the elephant man's sock draw! I was determined to start up a charity to look after orphaned socks but realised that my 4527 other charitable causes might again take me to the high courts for abuse of charitable causes.

See every now and again I like to be silly it helps keep me sane away from the mundane things that pile upon everybody you know that thing they call life, the other good news is that we now have our schedule for the road trip to end all road trips, WE EVEN HAVE T SHIRTS (thanks E). I was forced to take mine off for bed so the countdown has begun and the silliness might just be factored in more and more in the run up to the big day so i leave you with just one thought Free The Sock! until next time Toodles!

1 comment: