Saturday 11 February 2012

The other way of stopping.

And so it came to pass Friday was the worst day of the week I was goosed but was too bloody dumb to realise the fact, let me tell you all about it, yet again long hours were starting to catch up with me and I was feeling disenchanted with life the universe and everything else but I could see the finish line in the coming weeks and I was determined to forge ahead and damn the torpedoes, Unfortunately life knows how to take your legs from underneath you just at the right moment.

Work was good but unbelievably busy and to be honest I didn't really know whether I was coming or going! April really can't come quick enough, but the amount of projects unfolding before me is mind boggling all I can do is hold on and go with the flow but I had a hissy fit on Thursday with somebody way above my pay scale over something silly, words were spoken and I regretted it straight away but I couldn't really back down so stood my ground and actually came out of it unscathed (hahaha I think but only time will tell) I wasn't popular either when I said I simply didn't have the time to take any more work on I have been doing more than my fair share since I went back to work and in the end something will give (me probably) the wife has been on my case but for the short term I will continue for as long as I can but the brakes are being applied I want to stop on my terms not because I hit a bloody brick wall!

That is exactly what happened on Friday I was awake really early so opted to go in before the buses even started with a lift from a colleague but the day started badly and I felt like I was running through mud all day by three thirty I had had enough and left work before everybody else, this was still later than my actual hours, I was first on the bus but it was already packed so I jumped into the first seat and was followed on by a posse of pond life who were real scum who couldn't work out what peak travelling times were and why they had to pay more (honestly if this is what our schools are turning out we will be a third world country in twenty years) than if they waited an extra hour such is life the bug bear for me was I thought I had left my iPod back at work and I had to sit with gritted teeth listening to the pond life chunter on and on I was hoping that the bus driver was going to kick them off and if he had needed some assistance I was more than willing to assist him in his time of need, but he chose to ignore them even when they played that good old game of "ring the bell" and thankfully as the bus became more and more empty they lost the will to play, pity!

I arrived home with the Kraken in full flow and with the wife having that "shoot me now" look all over her face  again she has the patience of a saint I am available with twenty years of bile to step in at  a moments notice and light the blue touch paper, just say the word and your wish will be my command, another night asleep on the settee and I now realise that I'm too old for this shit thankfully the wife treated me gently and didn't pick on me, but I was yet again the designated person for our pooch who was barking at six thirty this morning to be let out so I set about doing bits and pieces but the bad news was I was unhappy with the 11000 words from the other day and thought that to doctor them would take just as long as to rewrite them so the delete button was pressed and I await with baited breath for abuse around the world I'm hoping that what is produced after the event will indeed be worth the wait!

The blogs numbers are starting to rise small steps I know but what with me being such a media whore and spreading myself all over the interweb thingy I'm hoping that we get towards triple digits in the next six months! the new book hopefully goes to the publishers in the morning and people viewing the old ones is still high so that in it self is pleasing, to people who have been promised books (other than Mr Robinson) they are here and will be with you all presently so don't worry but the books are dirt cheap so if you want one send your friends over to Blurb.com to have a look.

Tomorrow the intention is to go and plot our little road trip that is coming up (around 36000 minutes and counting) and generally have a bloody good time with good friends it is what the life batteries are requesting so that is what we shall do so until the next time (and please do keep spreading the disease) Toodles! Drink is definitely the other way of stopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment