Saturday 28 January 2012

The Disco Kid

Life has as always moved on in leaps and bounds have I been able to keep up with it like hell have I, work as usual has just kept gathering at a pace which to be honest is not sustainable (and I know it) but there has been a cunning plan building momentum and it has now come to fruition The Hee Club is going to Vegas Baby! this could get spicy.

Work has been a bit like stop, stop, start, hurry up, wait and stop kind of thing, but at a pace the wife would find frightening! the start of the week was two days of mind numbing presentations for people who would like £5million of business off us and some people were good some OK and some just down right shite by the end I just wanted it to end, I hate Salesmen at the best of times the technical guys were good but the salesmen I would have gladly took outside and shot (oops inside voice alert) and because I took two days out of my schedule for these presentations I then had to make up time and with some ducking and diving it was managed,  but to be honest by Friday I was a dead duck completely wasted so me and the wife chilled and watched (with the aid of some Chinese food) the TV I know me with my reputation.

The Vegas trip has been on the cards for quite a while and was supposed to happen last year, but the wife's ill health and changing medical insurance companies screwed us big style (no surprise there then) but the plan was kept in the loop hopefully to be revived at the correct time, for the Motley Crue trip we sorted out the mess that was our finances and at the end of it I kept a chunk to one side because to be honest that was the only way it was going to happen (although if I'm honest if we had waited much longer I would have started to fritter it away on bills and stuff I'm no good at being the type of person who doesn't give a shit about personal finances) so the fact the trip was organised and set up within 72 hours (thank you E)goes to show (I NEED A FECKING HOLIDAY) oops sorry that was my real inside voice and at short notice it's been one wild ride and now I go to bed counting the hours (at the moment it's standing at 888 till we go by my reckoning) I'm glad that it's happening now and not waiting because I think I would be (more of) a basket case by the time it arrived.

Last weekend I suffered a lot of abuse because I wasn't there to see to witness the national break dancing quarter finals if I'm honest the standard of stumbles just wasn't really there so I was prepared to take the abuse that came my way, but it appears that there has been a wild card entry at the last moment The Disco Kid tried to do a difficult move which involved taking a pebble and doing a quadruple spin  a dangerous move from the ageing world champion trying to relive glory days of his youth and many people think he should have stayed in retirement how ever if the doctors can get the new ankle to work he should be back in time for the finals in Vegas!

 And that is it a very shortened blog! but I felt the need to get something out there as I haven't really done a lot of writing of late (work work work) so hopefully this gets me back in the saddle although the future ones will be of a short and sweet nature as I try to gear up and crack on with "Piffle Waffle and Balderdash" so that it's ready to publish in late May, thanks again for the lovely compliments for Foxtrot Oscar and if anybody was expecting a copy they are on their way shortly the wife as always has been babysitting and to be honest it's wiping here out, at the latest if needs be I will have them sorted and posted no later than next weekend the next book Conversations with Rollo is hot to trot although I do need to the front cover (to which as always I have a cunning plan) although I am struggling with a cover for "Piffle" I have some ideas but any (clean ) suggestions are indeed most welcome, and that is that keep spreading the word (all help gratefully accepted) have fun and if you can't have fun you must have joined the false prophets for now Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment