Tuesday 31 October 2023

Out of Control – Yet another cunning plan.

 

Out of Control – Yet another cunning plan.

7th September.

A good night’s sleep for once, I was going to say I felt refreshed but I didn’t, I was in pain with my knees (they felt destroyed) I struggled up to have a shower, once cleansed I took painkillers and used painkilling gel on my knees, my supports groaned as I pulled them on for another days work, a slow hobble for a light breakfast and then off to be the first in line for the bus as we went to yet another (Disney) park and again we were going to use the bus, the wife will be getting a reputation, lol, we got there with plenty of time to spare, as we stood in the early bird queue we met a lovely family, husband, wife and three kids, one with the same issues as the grandson, we were soon ushered through the gates (we only stood for about 20 minutes, unfortunately about 19.30 minutes too long).

I felt the wife was willing me to go quicker (I couldn’t)we were still at the ride (something to do with Avatar don’t ask I don’t know simply I don’t care) at the front of the queue, I took the wife’s bag and her stick, and told her where I was going to be sat (please take note because the wife didn’t) and off she hobbled, I then sat down in the spot I said I was going to sit as the park got steadily busier and the ride now had a huge queue, me I sat and watched all the freaks (I say that in a good way) I put my sunglasses on as it got brighter and drank my water, and I continued to people watch, all the while there was a steady stream of people coming from the ride but I didn’t see the wife, then I noticed a member of the park team with someone obviously searching for somebody (you can see where this going can’t you) methodically working their way through the crowd, yes it  was the wife with the cast member, I hadn’t moved an inch, but I was happy to see that wife was distressed at not being able to see me, again I will make the statement that I hadn’t moved a muscle, once we were over the hump and the wife was calmer, we decided to sit a little longer so the wife could refresh herself, we sat and talked to a couple from Sunderland, who were really nice (who knew) we sat chatting for around about 45 minutes and slowly meandered through the park.

Again, we were going to do two parks, so we caught the bus back to our room had a small rest then headed out again, we were again hopeful of a better afternoon we didn’t really have much hope! We entered our second park of the day and we could see straight away it was going to go to rat shit, the queues were huge, this was by far the busiest park we had been into, we were soon at each other’s ankles biting as we went, I was now in full spiteful mode, my knees weren’t helping, I’m ok when I’m on the move (well kind of) but if I have to stand in one place the agony is unbelievable,  we were both crippled we were both thirsty and to be honest we both wanted to kill the whole world, some of the rides that the wife was hoping to go on had anywhere between 45 to 90 minute waiting times, even she didn’t want to do those times, finally we decided to go on the test track, I thought I could handle a simple go around a circuit, “erm that’s not what it does” “Oh Fuck” then after about a 20 minute stand I then was shoved into a car/buggy, I couldn’t find the seat belt, I knew I wasn’t going to like this, and for once I was right I absolutely hated it, as soon as it took off my ears popped and thankfully I was deaf, that didn’t stop the sensation of wanting to vomit, why the hell did I agree to this, I was way off the beam now I was glad to stumbled (I did find the seat belt just before it hurtled off into space like a bloody rocket) out of the bloody thing , it was official the afternoon was shot before this fiasco but was officially totally scuppered, I was using a stick at this point it wasn’t helping at all, we headed back to the bus to take us back to our lodgings.

I wasn’t happy that we had argued (although I’m surprised that it actually took so long) it had to happen, we both said things that we regretted ( I hope we both regretted them) it felt like the old angry me was just below the surface, the one that really doesn’t give a rats ass and damn the consequences, so let’s draw a veil over that portion of the afternoon and leave it at that, we surrendered to food, snackettes, painkillers, and drifted off in an air condition prison cell, tomorrow back in the car and Universal Studios, hopefully tomorrow will be better it couldn’t get any worse than this afternoon got!         Could it?

No comments:

Post a Comment