Monday 9 October 2023

March of the Black Queen – Yet another Cunning Plan.

 

March of the Black Queen – Yet another Cunning Plan.

3rd September.

God bless the land of the Pop Tart!

What a surprise I awoke at 04.30 with Tonsilitis (the air conditioning on the plane and then the room doesn’t help), I got up and gargled with mouthwash, I know it will get better during the day. I sat in the dark awaiting my Queen to rise from her slumbers, today is the day we start to melt the credit card! Once the Queen was awake, we made ourselves respectable and headed to the food court for our first breakfast of the jaunt, the wife had waffles with extra bacon (if you really want to call it bacon) I had a Western Omelette (Eggs, Ham & Cheese with a smattering of Peppers) with Tater Tots a solid 9/10, mine won, I’m not a fan of what the Americans call pancakes the wife loves them, just not for me thank you’ it’s a personal thing!

We decided to have a jaunt off to the Florida Mall, a place we have visited regularly visited on previous holidays to the sunshine state, first we needed to find a Publix (like a Tesco just bigger) for some supplies for snacks and the like for when we are in the room on an evening chilling, we do like a little snackette, we decided to browse, and soon I was in heaven I was in Pop Tart land, whereas at home we are lucky to get a couple of flavours, the USA has over twenty, I was a good boy I bought two standard boxes of them, Blueberry (my choice) & Raspberry (the wife’s choice) although I’m not sure if she got any, and yes I love them cold lets not go there! Supplies bought we returned to the room at Disney and then headed back on the open road.

 It’s a Sunday morning so traffic was reasonably light and the wife was a lot more comfortable driving on the freeways, it has been over 15 years since we were last here, its has changed quite a bit, we got there a little early and found a spot in the shade, well it’s under a tree that’s as good as we were going to get, and the day was only going to get hotter, we sat in our air conditioned box and people watched while we waited it’s a great hobby and I recommend it, as its great to get a view of the actual human condition) , we entered through the Sears entrance and not a lot has changed the big department stores are always empty, I have no idea how they survive, lots of good little shops (no record shops), and the food court has changed dramatically its now HUGE with a capital H, it looks good but we decided to move on as we couldn’t decide where to go, this was the beginning of some poor spots on various days as a combination of excessive heat and my diabetes had me bouncing from time to time, by the time we left I was starting to sink, I needed food, we headed to Disney Springs ( formerly known as Prince, I mean Downtown Disney) and its now three times the size!

We were a little disorientated because there was now a number of Multi story car parks and larger surface car parks, we eventually found a spot, thankfully something easily recognisable, so we wouldn’t lose the car (as if) I was also starting to suffer with my knees, I was wearing shorts and my supports would have looked out of sorts with the image I was projecting (LOL I hope I can find a vet that might put me down) and was getting less responsive we simply didn’t realise how much bigger the place was, we finally settled at Planet Hollywood, thinking that we might have to wait a while, we didn’t we got straight in and sent to the third floor (there’s four) and were soon perusing the menu, The food was nice I had a pulled pork sandwich with fires and the wife had…..i have no idea as I was so engrossed in my own delight, as we left I bought a couple of cool t-shirts (watch this space there’s going to a recurring theme) I was replenished after the food but getting slower with each step, the 10 days were going to be a bigger struggle than I had realised. We headed back to the car (with many lands in Disney Springs still be visited and conquered) but took small respites in shops where I could sit for a minute and saviour their air conditioning (the tonsilitis was starting to ebb away) more Disney shops and the House of Blues another T – Shirt purchased (I told you didn’t I) I slowly hobbled back to the car (we didn’t get lost….honest) and had a slow drive back to base, I had a little snooze, I do that when I’m at home, but my body clock is so out of whack I really needed it, I’m not suffering because of it, I’m just a little out of sorts.

I awoke at 18.00 hours and we needed food, back to the food court where I had a meatball marinara sandwich which was ok (6/10) again I was told at the time what the wife had, it looked nice, but I needed substance so concentrated on mine, plus I didn’t want to slop, and that was that we meandered back to the room for a quiet evening, trying to recover and get sense of normality because of the body clock thing, tomorrow we have a busy day ahead its Labour day (a big bank holiday) so we will avoid Disney (and hopefully the big crowds we have a cunning plan)  and go elsewhere in the world, so the intention tonight is to watch The Incredibles movie/s (Woman where’s my super suit) a couple of great movies , well I like them, they appeal to our sense of humour (Jack Jack). Tomorrow I will wear both knee supports even though I’m wearing shorts, lots of people do it, so I’m simply going to go with the flow, otherwise I might as well just stay in the room for the next 9 days, and I sure as hell do not intend to do that, onwards is the order of the day!

Other than our health issues (we both different ones, damn when did we both get so old?) I can deal with my (fingers crossed) issues, the thing that’s kicking my butt is my body clock being slightly out, its not jet lag, I sleep for limited length of time anyway, waking up even earlier in the night could be a bit distracting, lets see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment