Saturday 21 October 2023

No Time to Lose – Yet Another Cunning Plan.

 

No Time to Lose – Yet Another Cunning Plan.

5th September.

Dammit awake just after 12.00, WTF is actually going on with my body clock, sod it, I turned back over and screwed my eyes shut, praying, I finally slipped off to sleep (unheard of) I was still up and awake and padding around the room at around 04.30, but I had actually had around 6 full hours of sleep and I didn’t actually feel too bad, the wife arose and we got ready and we headed out for a small breakfast, as we had a bus too catch, that’s right the car was staying put, and we were going to sample the delights of the Disney bus service, I know the wife actually on a bus, this was going to be fun, but our first actual day in a park, what could go wrong?

Of course we got there and I caused us technical difficulties straight away, as my band for going in the parks didn’t work, (technology grrrr) we were early birds so we had to do a little waiting, thankfully the technology got sorted, actually it didn’t and we had to come back, more on this later, thankfully the staff as always are lovely, I know it’s the job, but the staff here deserve a medal for how good they are, no matter what the issue is, back home you would a stroppy teenager, here you had an adult who was there to actually help, then off to star wars world, land, Planet or whatever! this is where my holiday gets a tad pedestrian as I can’t actually do many rides because of an inner ear issue, again more of this later on.

So my day mainly consist lots of walking, standing, waiting or as in this case sitting and waiting, this isn’t a complaint, I’m aware of my difficulties and am more than happy to sit and people watch (one of my favourite pastimes) after the wife returned from the first ride I was in dire need of something to sustain me as my diabetes was having a pop at me for not having my standard breakfast, as we were in star wars world/planet/land whatever, it was something with a funny name, basically it was a sausage in an omelette in a kind of a wrap, it was just what the Dr ordered, it perked me up for the next part of the adventure, then onwards to the second ride of the day, again me sitting pretty, twiddling my thumbs, people watching, trust me I am happy, because all of the best freaks are here!

Then it was time to hit the shops (mainly for the air conditioning honest) when I discovered something that we didn’t know about, “Meet a Wookie” I mentioned it to the wife and she was off like a shot, I struggled to keep up with her, the queue wasn’t massive, the bloody Wookie was and I do indeed have the footage and I honestly thought there was going to be a complaint and a restraining order! As it happens the footage will come in handy if I need to start divorce proceedings, the first time we ever came to Disney I have a picture of her meeting a Wookie and she is the happiest person in the park, this was times ten on the happiness factor for her, to me it’s a person in a suit, whatever floats your boat I suppose, but that 38 second video will be kept by the lawyers lol!

We then headed back to Guest services to resolve the ongoing issue with my band once and for all by the lovely Amy, my youngest would be great in the job, then off for some human food, otherwise known as lunch then back to our room to change as we had an hour to kill before we could switch parks (the wife had the parks planned like it was an invasion of some small country) the second park  of the day was disappointing, mainly because my knees were suffering, oh and the wife got a mild dose of sunstroke, that kind of took the shine the afternoon, we struggled to get her back to the bus station, just a little, we headed back to our room about 17.30, the bus was lovely, just as well as the wife wasn’t well enough to drive, I put the wife to bed and I sat and read for a while, whilst enjoying some snackettes, I finally decided to hit the hay myself as I was tired (and in just a little pain) I was in bed for 21.00 but awake at 03.00 (not jetlag as I was always refreshed after sleeping), thankfully yet again I was able to turn over and drift off, it wasn’t as a deep a sleep as before, but I was happy to have been able to snooze again!

This holiday wasn’t going to be conducted at a sprint but as a marathon, which is just as well as my knees were shot at this point, I was really starting to worry as I didn’t want to let the wife down, however we were doing on average 29000 staps a day something was going to give and by the looks of  it, it was going to be me, anyway tomorrow we were back in the car as we were going to Universal Studios, and again as I drifted off to sleep what on earth could go possibly go wrong, it’s not like I could start a war…….or could I?

No comments:

Post a Comment