Wednesday 25 October 2023

These Colours Don’t Run! – Yet another Cunning Plan.

 

These Colours Don’t Run! – Yet another Cunning Plan.

6th September.

Wow, possibly the best night’s sleep I have had since we were away, just over 6 hours, a little more than normal for me but what a difference it has made, I had a lie in, well kind of, woo hoo, the wife was in better shape as well, hopefully this is the start of something (or have I just jinxed myself) off to the food court for the usual breakfast me and my western omelette and tatter tots and the wife waffles with extra bacon, yum yum! Back to the room to look our best and then to the car as today its all about Universal Studios, I’m sure we have got this!

We don’t need google today we know where we are going although we are aware that a lot more has sprung up around the park, we got there as the parks opening, but damn its $30 to park the bloody car (WTF) the last time we were here it was $6! We parked in our spot and wandered in towards the park, there’s a security layer before you even get to the park itself, even the security guards get screened, the entrance is still the same it just seems like its “BIGGER” or am I just getting old, don’t bother I know the answer, we go to the ticket booth the lovely Ed helps us, and is great like a lot of the staff in the parks even in they are pissed off they don’t show it, it does make a difference when we go there.

Harry Potter is the order of the day but I am going to try one or two of the gentler rides I cant do anything that will screw with my middle ear, it renders me deaf and I feel incredibly nauseous, we soon meander (that’s my way saying we were slow) up to the Harry Potter  plot and I grab a seat while the wife goes off, its not full yet simply because it’s quite early, I find a seat that’s a little shaded and do what I seem to do best and that’s watch all the brilliant freaks who are out in the park, a few peeps come and go but after about ten minutes there’s a rather unhappy looking chap who parks his butt and looks me up and down as if he doesn’t trust me, I don’t care one of us will be long gone before too soon, or so I thought, this guy (about my age but wasn’t European) kept giving me the evil eye(to an extent I wasn’t really watching him that much) soon his family/friends/rent a crowd, turned up and all the bags he was looking after went to the right individuals , until the small children saw another ride and they wanted to go on that, the rest of the party stayed.

It was at this point an English chap wandered up to me and asked if I knew what the waiting time was for the ride that wife had disappeared off on, I replied that I thought it was around 15 minutes, he thanked me and wandered off to join the queue, at this point my swarthy friend decided to speak to me, “ inglese” I responded with a cheer smile and said that I was indeed English, to which he grimaced and replied “Malvinas” to which I replied “Falklands” “Malvinas” a little louder “Falklands” I replied in best polite but firm voice, he stood up and almost (and I mean almost) shouted “Malvinas” at this point his party were looking a little disturbed they had come to have a good time not to charge over Goose Green! At this point I had had enough and in my best RSM voice I replied still sitting down(I couldn’t have stood even if I had wanted to) “Falklands, you outnumbered us then and you outnumber me now but I won’t back down, so do what your troops back in the day and surrender, I served, so bugger off” the rest of his party herded him away and they avoided my gaze, he wandered off muttering to himself while the women of his party scolded him, the whole thing lasted no more than about 45 seconds, he wasn’t bothering me and I wasn’t bothering him, I have no idea  what his beef was but I had stood my ground and was all the happier for it, about 5 minutes later two of the biggest (and I do mean big) of the parks security team came around the corner, looking for me by the looks of it, and asked me if I had been having issues with a group (great this were I get me and the wife kicked out of the park in under an hour) I told them about the discussion, and they replied ”don’t worry someone reported them to us and we kicked them all out” erm ok “Did you serve?” I did I replied “SEMPER FI” they replied and it made me chuckle, I do like how the Americans are grateful for everyone in their military, its 42 years since I served but I still felt an immense amount of pride!

The wife turned up as they were walking away and wondered why I had a grin on my face, I don’t think she was too happy, but hey we didn’t get kicked out so all is good in the hood, we explored more Harry Potter World, she had another go another ride (tame was her opinion) and we decided to try and get an early(ish) lunch, we ended up in the Three Broomsticks, were there was an early assignation attempt as the seats are for people smaller than me, as I fell backwards from a height, I wasn’t impressed, but I was when I realised it wasn’t just me that it was happening to, an Asian lady who sat next to us actually disappeared under the table, I was also disappointed that there was only non-alcoholic cider being served (I didn’t mind) but it should have said on the menu, the grub was ok, if not a tad generic, but it filled a hole, off we went for more Harry Potter shenanigans, and eventually ended up on the King Kong ride, which I enjoyed,, my knees by this time were starting to suffer, I was worried about he wife, yet it’s me who struggled from the get go of the holiday!  The fact that I have been averaging 27000 steps I knew I was going to crash and burn sooner rather than later.

As the day went on I got slower and slower, and I’m not ashamed to admit I was using a stick to get around, I should look for a vet once we leave the park see if they will put me down, we had done enough and did the slow walk back to the car, but the time we got there I could barely get my butt in the car, on the drive back we were in heavy traffic and about a mile up the road I could see a plume of smoke, oh a fire, and I’m not even at work, sure enough it was a bus fire all under control by the time we passed it and got on our merry way, I was more concerned as to how I was going to get out of the car at the other end, more than the bus on fire! I hope that’s not a sign for when we get back on Disney transport to go to one of their parks, (Animal Kingdom), tonight’s going to be a lazy night as my knees are truly battered, when I get home, I must try and talk to a Dr about my knees (yeah right).

No comments:

Post a Comment