Tuesday 7 November 2023

Bad Motor Scooter – Yet another cunning plan.

 

Bad Motor Scooter – Yet another cunning plan.

8th September.

We awoke refreshed, well almost, I was suffering incredible pains in my knees, painkillers and the gel wasn’t working, the supports were to a degree and the walking stick (yes I know I’m a cripple) a little more, I didn’t know how I was going to manage another day in a park, maybe our strategy wasn’t as clever as we thought, but we soldiered on, back to the food court for our usual breakfast (if it’s not broke why change it) this was to be our last official day in a park, but rumbling stomachs needed to be fed!

We were back in the car for another trip (and $30 parking, the robbing…...let’s not go there) as we slowly moved through the morning traffic we both decided that the wife had had an awesome idea, not that I wanted to go along with it, to be honest my manliness was sulking all the way too Universal Studios, but we agreed to avoid any more pain, stress and arguments, that not only was the wife going to hire a motor ability scooter so was I, something I didn’t want to do for me, but my ego was defeated as was I really, I couldn’t have done another day where I did in excess of 29000 steps, I was getting slower and slower each day and it was badly impacting on the holiday.

I’m not going to lie it wasn’t cheap, but as I walked towards the hire place I knew that we had made the best decision, (although I’m not sure how I got the slow one and the wife got the Gran Prix version) I was asked if I needed a lesson, I know my way around them as I used to service them in a previous existence, as soon as we set off we knew that we had made the right decision, we covered so much ground a lot quicker, my ego was still crushed, I hate the idea that I’m getting older and I’m crippled more with each waking hour, but we covered so much more ground, I was happier in a strange kind of way, we couldn’t afford to do this every day, but as a one off for me it was acceptable (just) I still felt guilty but it meant we could do everything that we wanted with no more pain, no fighting between ourselves and if truth be told it was probably my favourite day in the parks.  

In 4 short hours we bought more T- shirts, including a lush Frankenstein one for me and a Dracula one for the wife, we had a second breakfast and afterwards I sat and watched the crowds while I was scooter watching, it was a struggle when we headed back to the hire place to give them up , but it was a wise choice getting them as it’s a long walk back to the car from Universal and we were both crippled by the time we managed to get there,  we would have never made it around the parks without them, we took refuge in a Starbucks at the halfway point (fruity things not coffee) but we were relieved when we finally managed to place our aching bones back in the car! We pulled out as the first rain of the holiday arrived; we were soon back out on the highway heading to our next port of call.

We headed back to the Disney (downtown) Springs shopping plaza but to be honest we were disappointed as we were looking for a fridge magnet that had been requested, but it was like they no longer existed. We knew that we would need to come up with a cunning plan if we were to find our prize, Disappointment pushed aside for the time being we headed to Walmart as we needed to get some more supplies, and maybes just a little more vinyl (two Metallica albums in coloured vinyl) now it may look like we were buying a lot of supplies but we weren’t we simply didn’t want to over do it, basically because I would have scoffed the lot, me with my reputation I know, little and often was the order of the day!

Tonight we intend to chill and relax, the parks are behind us now, its all abought doing sweet bugger all, I need my  knees to have some sort of semblance of resting, otherwise I might need a mobility scooter permanently, yes my ego was massively shredded, but I’m not stupid enough to ruin the holiday over my vanity, that’s why I’m being open and honest about hiring one, I don’t know how the wife copes she suffers worse than me (I mean she has to put up with me) bless her, we have some small cunning plans as to where we intend to go and what we intend to do, but lets see how it goes, I can see the end of the holiday in sight, let’s try and get there with as little drama as possible, and yes I know I have just jinxed us!                (I know how this ends)

No comments:

Post a Comment