Friday 17 November 2023

Another Day in Paradise/The Final Countdown


Another Day in Paradise – Yet another cunning plan.

September 10th.

So starts another day in paradise, well ok its Florida, a little bit of a lie in, well ok sat reading in the room, not so much of a lie as a normal person would know, another breakfast, then back in the car, for a trip back to The Florida Mall, for a couple of small presents, we haven’t completely melted the credit card yet (but we have had a damn good go) we needed a couple of small presents and the wife wanted to have a final splurge, and splurge she did!

We finally used the mall’s food court, orange chicken and noodles for both of us, it was ok, wasn’t the best but it wasn’t the worst either, not that we have had bad food anywhere, I really do like the food in America, it’s just unfortunate that it likes me as well, it’s all been canny (that slang for nice for my foreign readers). We took it nice and slow and had a few sitting breaks along the malls simply because we were both knackered.

On one of our breaks I discovered that there was a Barnes & Noble book store close (books glorious books and Vinyl as well, now that was a nice surprise) so we decided to take a detour, I was drooling over the vinyl until the wife found the music book section, I quit while I was ahead, I bought two heavy duty Queen books, I could have spent a fortune thankfully I didn’t, although I do regret not buying Queen Innuendo as a double vinyl box set, for $34 when I checked at home it was £59 that’s considerably more, ah well there’s always next time! I’m not sure how I’m going to get them home, I’m definitely going to be charged for being overweight, that’s my luggage not me!

We travelled back for a lazy evening, we only sauntered out so the wife could have some ice cream, we went back to the room and quietly started making cunning plans for next year, yes, we have cunning plans for the next year! We then set about planning our packing seeing what was going where, we both had a good day, no falling out, no little bitchy comments a leisurely day, and packing practise, it might take a couple of attempts to get this right LOL!

 

The Final Countdown – Yet another cunning plan.

September 11th.

Well, that was a surprise yet another early start, a lovely shower to kick start the day or at least my heart, we gathered our thoughts and headed for breakfast, it was ok, I didn’t enjoy it as much as I had the previous eight times, maybe at some point I should have mixed it up a little, maybe I simply had omelette lag, not sure but it was yes, just alright! A couple of small tasks then we are both going to go into full Tetris mode and try and get everything into our luggage, it’s like trying to fit a pint into a shot glass, don’t know if we can do it, but we shall give it a go or at least die trying! Off in the car on a little detour to complete our little tasks, we ended back at Denny’s I had the same it was just as nice the second time around it was a more pleasant experience as we missed the lunch rush.

As we left the car park the wife had a small relapse of her sunstroke feeling decidedly sickly, neither of us were sure if she could hold it together, thankfully as we hurtled along the highway and saw Gaylords (see previous blogs) the wife was sure she could make it, no food for the victim once we got back I simply had some snackettes (what I wasn’t leaving them behind), as we were lying in the room we were hit by the first proper down pour of the holidays, and it was a doozy the wife filmed it, it was awesome the lightening spectacular as always, I’m glad we were safe in our room, but also glad we didn’t miss the storm, I do like the rain!

We did a final sweep of the room and decided to have an early (for us) night as we were both so excited to be heading home tomorrow…………………...NOT! little did we know that the storm clouds were gathering ahead of us and that the both of us didn’t see it happening, well at least not until it was too late, buts thats the tale of tomorrow, and it is a tale!

No comments:

Post a Comment