Sunday 12 November 2023

Breakfast in America – Yet another cunning plan.

 

Breakfast in America – Yet another cunning plan.

September 9th.

Another early rise, I’ve given up hope of having a proper lie in,  but today was intended to be a rest day, travelling yes but walking, very little allegedly, I have given up on getting a lie in, it is what it is, my sleep pattern is simply what it is back home between 4/5 hours a night, if I want any more I have to crash in a chair after tea/evening meal, But the sun is shining so it was going to be a good day (so you bloody well think so) up and out for our usual breakfast, I do like the food in America, however if I was to stay in America for more than 14 days I would be the size of the goodyear blimp (I’m a glutton what are you going to do about it).

Once we had been fed and watered, we bimbled back to the room to get sorted, a bit of spit and polish and my parting in my hair just so, we set off to join the horses on the highway, the intention was to find a couple of specific small presents for peeps, we had been looking but hadn’t been able to source them, we were going to have to trawl the gift shops that line the highways, or I should say used to, we had to go a little further than planned, we were however we were striking a blank, at one point these shops were everywhere, but about 80% of them have fallen of the face of the earth, the ones that are still there are usually pretty good, if you want some Tat, (we did).

Once we had travelled further afield then we had planned we decided to have lunch, we found a Denny’s on our travels ( I do like a Denny’s) its cheap(ish) and definitely cheerful we had a ten minute wait as we were there at the lunch time rush, we were soon seated we both decided on the Bourbon Chicken done in a skillet and it was bloody lovely, I scoffed the lot, thankfully I have a tendency not to do puddings, if I had done after my main you could have rolled me out like a barrel, so far the best meal of the holiday, we hadn’t had a bad meal but this one won hands down, as we left we noticed a thrift store across the road, should we have a look? well we might as well since we were here.

As we walked in the door there was the gift we had been searching high and low for, there was only one as well, so it was meant to be, yes we had to travel to find it but I do believe it was well worth it, and other twenty or so minutes looking at more tat than we need, we decided to fill the petrol tank as the car had to be returned with a full tank, we weren’t sure how big the tank was and we had done about 300 miles already, it came in at $30, if only it was this cheap back home, we then travelled back for some good old fashioned laziness, well actually I needed some good old fashioned painkillers, we passed Gaylords, a huge hotel out in the middle of Florida which meant that we had only about 5 minutes until we got back to the room.

However, we were soon headed down a path to our own destruction, as the wife was skirting around me (I’m not an ogre honest) about she wanted to do, it got to tea time and as I dragged us up to the food court she eventually  after nearly three hours of humming and hawing (just bloody tell me, this holiday was all about you and nothing else mattered but YOU!) we then had a heated argument over nothing, we then ended up in  the car in separate corners and we ended up once again at Disney Springs, which is huge, you can guess what state I was in by now, my knees protested with every step, we walked the full length of the bloody place it was meant to be a bloody rest day, by the time we got to the Earl of Sandwich I simply didn’t care as the pain was bleeding over the painkillers and I was in bloody agony, we decided to go in there and have a simple sandwich, which if I’m honest was bloody lovely, it romped in a close second to the Denny’s meal we had had earlier in the day, I will come back again when I’m not in as much pain and hopefully in a much better mood, to be honest I’m a bloke I have no idea what the wife thinks, she simply needs to tell me and I will follow the instructions given, tell me and its all good in the hood, don’t tell me and  this is the attitude that comes with the pain and agony that is my knees.

We both enjoyed our sandwiches, but by now I was a shell of a man and every step was like a knife in each knee cap, I was close to tears as I got back to the car, and I wasn’t sulking on the ride home I was simply in too much pain, I think the penny had dropped with the wife, as she was gentle with me for the rest of the evening, once we were back after our journey in the darkness, I took drugs and simply went to bed where I had a really strange nights sleep or that should read a sleepless night as I drifted in out of slumber, probably a combination of the drugs and the pain!

I did manage a slight lie in (which no doubt I will brag about in the next blog) I even managed to turn back over and go back to sleep until 08.30, take the fact that I never ever do that, hopefully this will better and argument free day, Ho Hum life goes on!

No comments:

Post a Comment