Thursday 23 November 2023

This Flight Tonight – Another cunning plan.

 

This Flight Tonight – Another cunning plan.

 

12th/13th September.

And so, the final day begins, did I get a lie in? don’t be daft I was awake at 03.40, only a couple of hours in the dark before I could safely turn a light on without affecting the wife’s sleep, me jealous hell yeah, I am I wish I could sleep for more than 4 / 5 hours sleep a night, or even just the chance to be able to turn over and go back to sleep, ah well at least there’s snackettes! Finally, my Queen rises from her crypt and we start making the final moves, but first there is the need for one final breakfast, we both order the same as always and although not the best it also wasn’t the worst, I would give mine a consistent 8/10 over the ten days, well I liked it!

Back to the room, bags finally packed to our satisfaction, hang on where are the bloody locks for the bags, a mad scramble but they are safe and sound, bags packed, locked and straps on for identification, we just need to put them in the car, we each do a final sweep of the rooms, nothing left but to load the car, my hand luggage is going to be over as I have decided to put my books in my hand luggage, the two books weigh 6.5 kilo’s on their own, nothing we can do about it, it’s done now, room locked and then the car ride to the airport.

The route to the airport was not as direct as when we arrived, we had plenty of time on our hands, but we enjoyed it, silly chit chat, songs, singing spotting houses up for sale (a silly thing me and the wife do, please don’t ask) some more snackettes, travelling through the swamp land that is mainly Florida and then back into the land of the living, all the while trying to find a petrol station, the car needs to be returned full, we pass the airport make one final (in total panic) sweep of the area and find a petrol station, another $30 dollars fills the tank and we return it to the car rental, we chat with the guys taking the car back and head into the airport building itself, its relatively empty as we are there 4 hours before we need to be, check our bags in and yes they were well over weight and yes we paid an extravagant amount of money to get them on the plane (please don’t ask I felt violated handing my credit card over, mind you it’s the only time I did in the entire holiday), however the lady was lovely and gave us a couple of tips for our next outing (fingers crossed).

It’s a small provincial airport so we decide to get a meal in the only restaurant, it was better than we thought it would be, but it helped gobbled some time up as we waited for the building to fill up! Slowly like a tide coming in, small groups started to filter their way into the seating areas, we moved across to be closer to the gate, unfortunately the place was also filling up with Bin Dippers (look it up ) and the mood was starting to sour as our plane was delayed by around 30 minutes, lots of people kept going up to the counter, asking why, why, oh why, sit down and wait like good little muppets, the plane ride is always what spoils the holiday for me, people can be strange, the longer the waiting the sooner we realise this plane should actually just fly over Liverpool so we can kick them out as we go over, saves us landing!

One particular odious person, kept hassling the counter staff, and guess what when he finally got on the plane, he did the same to the crew on the plane, unfortunately he ended up behind the wife, to say this person was an arsehole would be an understatement, arguing with my wife which stopped for a short while when I asked him what the problem was, punching the back of the wife’s seat and finally as he stood up pulling a great fist full of her hair, surprisingly the plane crew kept well out of the way, and didn’t wish to get involved at all, we couldn’t wait to escape the metal tube that brought across the Atlantic, why didn’t I kick off, well for a number of reasons which I slowly tumbled to, he was bigger than me, he was actually part of a much larger party (at least 12 adults and various kids) and why should I get banned from flying because of an obnoxious bin dipper, we escaped to the baggage claim area for them to end up behind me throwing me evil dirty looks, thankfully our bags came off quickly and we managed to withdraw from the group of arseholes with a modicum of dignity!

I wasn’t happy, and truthfully I’m still not happy now, I felt like a coward, I still feel like a coward, I’m no fighter but I wish I had smacked the big ginger bin dipper fair and square, to be truthful I know it wasn’t worth the crap, there was more of them and the road to least resistance the flight crew wouldnt have taken our side, so I will just have to fester and swallow what’s left of my pride (after the incident there’s not much I can assure you). We returned to the hotel with the same mini bus driver (he remembered us and yes, we tipped him again) claimed the car and got the hell out of dodge, with a stirring in our brains about a new cunning plan.

Traffic out of Manchester was horrific and as soon as we could we stopped for a second breakfast (burger king yum yum) the rest of the journey was uneventful, but I did fester (if I’m honest I’m still festering now) about the flight home and yes, I still feel as though I was the coward, I wasn’t and people have said I wasn’t, but it festers like Gollum festered for that one bloody ring! We got home and the wife slinked of to bed for a snooze, she certainly needed some peace and quiet, when she had recovered, we opened the bags and the house was covered in laundry, gifts and oooh look I found some snackettes!

All in all, it was a good holiday, just what the wife needed after the crap she had gone through (and is still going through) simply spoilt by that bloody bin dipper, however we were not about to let that spoil it in totality. Our first day back we collected the little dog, our youngest (who helped get the bags off up into the loft) I wandered off to the dentist ( a clean bill of health) life returns to semblance of normality, I don’t want it to, the wife has been through enough over the last couple of years, what with lock downs and all that crap, her mothers illness and subsequent passing, her ill health and mine, we have become comfortable living with ourselves, we have been out of the house once this year (to see 80’s Option a really good band) I’m trying to encourage her to go out more, even without me, she leads quite a solitary life at the moment and still massively stressed due to the ongoing legal issues that was left in her lap by the Kraken!

If you know my wife you wouldn’t recognise the person she is turning into (don’t worry she is still hangry! Have you seen who she is married to?)So the cunning plan is to our friends who know us, invite us out, invite her out, I want her to enjoy some life now that she can, even though with her current state of mind (stressed) we have decided a new cunning plan we are 60 next year so we have decided to go the whole hog and generally have a last blowout holiday (well its blown my savings completely out lol) and we have booked already to repeat the experience with a couple of upgrades, who knows when we will get the chance to do it again, but closer to home I need all of our friends (and I know some people do) to encourage the wife simply to enjoy life again I really do love her and I hate to see her stressed the way she is at times, life’s a pile of shit but we have to get on with it, so tell the world we are available for weddings, bar mitzvahs and afternoon drinkie poo’s (even though the wife doesn’t drink these days) gigs, visits to darkest North East England, I simply want my wife to get an injection of life so that she can start living again.

So that’s the holiday, written as if it was like one of my books (which I miss doing to be quite honest) cunning plans abound but, I cant get dynamite to get the wife kickstarted onwards in this thing we call life, the next couple of blogs are just about written and then I go silent through until the new year, when I have to take stock and go forward once more, with hopefully more music related blogs, reviews of gig and albums and biographies, and any other form of madness, hopefully keeping the numbers as consistent as they are now, so look to the skies for incoming, keep doing what you are all doing and spreading the disease, until the next blog…..Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment