Sunday 27 October 2013

Wish you were here.

I have no idea what happened? but the last one went all the way up in the stratosphere and is still going, I'm aware I have to get back in the saddle, if I don't the enormity of what has just happened will kill me stone dead ....in a writing kind of way!

If you were to compare the last blog numbers wise, it's my Dark side of the moon, then this will be my Wish you were here, still popular but I know it's not got a chance in hell with what went before it. with the old blog my best numbers were in the region of 470 - 480ish and I was over the moon with that, especially since all of the silliness that went on (please see previous blogs/books)with this blog I was happy when I occasionally hit triple figures, slowly slowly catchee monkey I thought was the order of the day, but right from the off numbers were strong 50 in the first hour (WTF) and then they just kept going, even today we have had over 200 hits (I really do mean WTF) of course I got pulled in and was sucker punched with over a quarter of the hits coming from Germany and a good spread from the rest of the world ( a quick hello to Sven in Denmark, Kristos and Vanessa in Greece, Sunny in South Africa, Pedro in Brazil, Stan, Marc, Luke, Summer, Peter, Christian from the US of A and far too many others to mention, new readers I'm glad you enjoyed the last post, now get cracking there's at least another 185 other ones to read ) I kept coming online to check to see if it had all stopped but nope you buggers kept reading and then some of the old ones started popping up, it's how I know that there were a lot of new readers!

So how do I follow it, I certainly ain't going to something morose, because well I haven't been morose (WTF say all the regular readers) I have had a happy feeling follow me around all week the aftermath of a great weekend (see previous blog.....oh shit you probably have) and all of you lot reading and sending me happy thoughts, I was even happy that Nils got not only the name game right, but he got both of them! good for you mate and there can be no sarcasm because I am just so happy (right about now the wife is calling for an ambulance for me to the funny farm) the bulk of the questions were indeed about the name game, thankfully I just copied and pasted the email(ooops cats out of the bag there then) to explain and over 150 people who tried actually got it right.

Back to work and back to reality, it was as  I expected, stressful but that's what work has become, I just put my head down and went for it, I did get a strange look off my main boss when I said I could make a particular annoying person go away, naturally he asked how to do it and as everybody was ducking for cover as I told him "just punch him in the throat" thankfully he saw the funny side, well he did until I told him I meant it hahaha oh dear, at least I'm an equal opportunity hater - I hate every fucker equally! go figure.

The weekend arrived, and with it the fear of what I was going to actually write about in this blog, especially as the numbers just kept going up, I have tried a few things and then binned them as they had no humour in them and they were quite flat if you get my drift, I'm glad I was able to get this posted, I then have to turn my attention back to cunning plans of where we go after this, we have a party to attend next weekend and it will be great to see friends who I haven't seen in what feels like months, and then yet another cunning plan for my birthday but I believe the wife and E have got that sorted (woo hoo) I have a feeling the Lottery is conspiring against me and the wife so that we don't have the funds at our disposal to keep the blogs from being too incendiary, but we shall keep ducking and diving hoping to avoid the strafing aircraft.

My medical problem floats in the back ground like a bad smell (trust me I know all about bad smells) I am now well and truly past the point that they said they would be in touch, so I am off a week on Friday (giving them another fortnight to send up a flare ) and you know what I intend to ring them and ask them politely have they forgotten me? the new book is trailing way behind and will not be published as I hoped as I have barely written a third of it (without treatment how can I write what is supposed to be my personal journey) so watch this space, since taking that first step I have worked some of the stuff out myself (rightly or wrongly I have no idea) and it appears I'm being a little more forceful than usual (primarily at work) I'm thinking this could get interesting.

And I will now stop the inane waffle as G is loose and the villagers are gathering torches and pitchforks and we need to get him back into his bed, before he does too much damage I will take this point to say thank you for all of the new readers and I'm under no illusion that I will ever hit these lofty heights again but you know what I don't care I have done it, if I were to stop now (and no I'm not) I would be a  happy man, so watch the skies as I have to get to grips that sometime soon I have to do this all  over again, until then Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment