Tuesday 1 October 2013

In the lap of the gods revisited!

So the sun split the sky , well  ok it seemed like it did, it was a glorious morning, we had set an impossible task of getting up and doing a million and one things before we went out, I made breakfast as was the cunning plan! a bacon sandwich for the wife and a full English for my good self, I sorted dishes and we sort of got stuck in second gear,  and we plodded on but we both knew that we weren't going to do everything on our list, so we adjusted our sights and cracked on. I had my bath (a lovely soak) and it felt so good, we had our clothes sorted,but we were going to be staying at Wot HQ, so I had to take my work clothes with us (a belt would have been nice cough splutter), so that I could go straight to work the next day (boo hoo) the youngest was going to be on guard duty to look after the old man of the house, we expected a Kraken adventure but it didn't happen, it didn't mean that we didn't hold our breath!

We checked our bag made sure we had everything and were heading out the door when I realised we had made a rooky mistake .....no tickets D'oh! I headed back in and the wife laughed as she shouted back in the house "it doesn't matter you're not getting I'm on the door" oh how I chuckled .....NOT, I still wasn't 100% that the Big Ginger Git knew what he was doing, I mean putting the wife and Lady J on the door this had car crash all over it, I checked the wife and disarmed her, made sure she put the flamethrower, cattle prod and various other  blunt instruments back in the house, her sharp tongue and big mouth was going to have to suffice!

We enjoyed a jolly jaunt down and made good time to our hotel for the weekend, general chit chat you know the kind of thing that people used to do before mobile phones and I Pods! destination reached and shown to our room we made plans to head straight to the venue, lunch could wait as this was a banger ready to be lit, the final cog in the party platter turned up and we jumped into a taxi and headed back to the Cluny.

Upon arrival we found that the pub sold .....alcohol! well what do you know? surely that meant we had to partake as it would of been rude not to.....then the shock to the system, over £7 for two drinks ......WTF! then I remembered we are used to drinking in Spoons and the real world beckoned and you know what it wasn't go to stop us, so we dived in head first, drinks sorted we headed into the room for our instructions to which the Big Ginger Git said simply let's get blooted! oh dear follow your last command that's what I was always told and that's exactly what I was going to do! now I have no intention of giving a blow by blow account of the bands other than to say I watched the first band The fractured valves and I enjoyed them, I hadn't seen them before and I do believe I would watch them  again at some point .....I'm not booking a weeks holiday to do their world tour of Chopwell, but I enjoyed them, my only complaint was the set length I reckon they would do two cracking 45 minute sets but an hour was just a tad to long for me, there were plenty of people who thought that they were great, and I enjoyed them but some times less is more!

Mickey Luv was on second as well as being the compare for the event by now after the forth pint it was time for some food so we left to go in search of sustenance, as me and the wife are light weights we thought it was best to go with our guts so to speak, as we re-entered the pub the rest of our merry little gang turned now it was a day on the edge just how we like it, the buckets had turned up as well so it was about to be a tad mental or as Martin Lawrence would say "this shit just got real"!   as always there was some bawdy banter and some salacious gossip but the best thing was the sight of a happy Mr C at the size of his German sausage (down girls ) I'm sure if we had looked closely enough it might even had had VW stamped on it!  belly's full we headed back into the venue as the wife had more people to bar from the gig (she really did mean it for one person and the nervous look on his face meant he knew she meant it hahaha) and the day sort of flowed from there on in, Mickey having finished we prepared for the main event.

Positions taken up the Buckets hit the stage like my two year old grandson (oops wrong blog) fully of energy and you never really know where they were going to head, Kev took the wind out of my sails as I was preparing to shout out for Tales of Topographic Oceans, bastard, and the rest of the gig was what it was, awesome you could never describe a Buckets gig you have to experience it and when you consider I have seen them nearly 100 times since 1988 and I have never ever left a gig without a shit kicking smile on my face says it all, having said that a couple of different tunes wouldn't go amiss and I wish I could go see the Slade set at the Trimmers but what's the point of travelling all that way not to be able to get in (bastards) mind you I would love to see Don Powell's face when you ask him to sing Scooby doo! as always the gig was over way to soon how does nearly two hours seem like 5 minutes that's what I say! you should be able to get them on prescription.

More drink was then called for and the wife was holding up quite well (which was nice) the wife got our tickets for the Buckets 30th anniversary show, I have never invaded the hallowed stage that they are playing on that night, but I might do it just this once in my Peter mask to boot! we are even taking the youngest for her Buckets initiation ......there may be trouble ahead hahahahaha! at that point the worlds smartest road crew sprung into action as the two dapper Gentlemen Mr C and G sprang into action to assist break the stage down (in a professional manner). Buckets dispersed (like the Mighty Avengers) we settled down to enjoy the rest of the night The Dirty South who again I enjoyed but hadn't seen and they couldn't top the Buckets but enough people stayed and again had a cracking time, at some point Kev and Charlotte turned up and pets were the topic of conversation and we were introduced to Bali a lovely little pup who is going to be a complete heartbreaker as she grows into and even more adorable addition to a little rock n roll family!

We didn't stay long to disturb her but she was a delight and it melted even this hard heartened person (cough splutter) it just makes the time we have with the old man of the house even more poignant as he quickly approaches year number  17 (damn I feel old but not as old as him) as I was told off for my maths been wrong ok so I said 18 ( I can't add sober so what do you expect when I have had a drink) lets not make it a capitol crime! we ended the night happy and not even drunk unlike Father Christmas (you know who you are) who was more than just a little jolly, see you can be a happy go lucky chappy and not the grumpy misery you have a tendency to portray! Taxi called we headed back and enjoyed some toast and some late night chat and headed up the wooden hill for some golden slumbers!

Then with the morning the weekend was gone but some great memories and a shed  load of money raised for charity mind you I don't think that the Krays could have raised anymore money and I think (fingers crossed) I managed not to have my photo taken (result) we said our farewells and I headed back to work, thankfully a duty dog shift so I was later than normal in, and now we carefully nurture our cunning plans for the coming weeks our finances were well and truly holed under the water line and I'm bailing furiously but you know what it was well worth, you have to live a little and it was worth to see the wife's happy little face having such a great time, and that's us complete, back to the grind and not as witty as the blog I had intended, 24 hours extra waiting has blunted the writing but I kept all the secrets I was entrusted with ( see E you had no faith in me......ooops!), the name game is in play and after 60 hits for the last one only 4 people attempted it and got it wrong..tsk tsk! so here  we go with the last song on the particular record and if you know the song play it and when the word Pretending is sung that's what music is all about the phrasing on that one word just melts me and its why I'm a fan nearly 40 years later!

So I hope you have enjoyed the two blogs and I hope you are picking up on the happy vibe, that I am trying to keep going, its not forced and yes there are still tons of issues but you know what life's too short live long and eat cheese, thanks for the hits the comments and some down right cheek watch the skies you never know when the next one is due, so until then Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment