Thursday 1 October 2020

Moving on

So many of want to know the plans for the blog, because I keep saying  that its going to change and change it must, I am expecting a massive drop off from peeps who are reading now, but I do know some hardcore readers will indeed be still here as I kind of get a vibe as to why you are here.

Numbers have been great with a slight upward trend, not sure why, maybe I have simply hit my stride, I’m not sure but the upsurge is not enough for me to alter course and carry on, I do not wish for the blog to become stale, believe me after 485 of them it really is time to try something new, I have dabbled  on and off earlier in the blog, but after number 500 it will be become a permeant fixture!

Now no I am not giving up, it’s simply that the format is going to change, nothing dramatic, I intend to still be here however I intend to go to a monthly blog rather a weekly one and it will be something of a pure musical bent, there will the occasional detour, but rarely as I do wish to build the blog into something a little more “serious” please don’t panic at that word, it will all be revealed in due course and a collective sigh of relief will heard around the world.

By changing tack I’m hoping that this will refresh my writing and hopefully it might get people a little more invested, trust me I am working at full speed ahead for the changes, these things don’t just happen overnight I am practising what I need to do and yes some will be rejected, the reason why the blog is going monthly because it will take roughly a month to do all of the leg work, again  its for my sanity that I do this, and I for one am looking forward to the change.

The blog originally started off with being a ranty old man, then moved onto a social commentary type of thing but with the social life having dried up (remember those) there was little to mock, I mean write about, so I then went off on a voyage of discovery, I mean I waffled a lot, its time to come back into focus and do something that’s not simply frivolous, I do  not wish to become a one trick pony, I wish to add strings to my writing bow (as always the original planning of writing original stories is there, but I don’t have an editor, so I have thrown the anchors on that for a while, although as always I am compiling nuggets for a later date) this is simply just another step (hopefully) in the right direction.

To be honest I don’t want people to think that all I will do is whinge, I need a change and the fact that I have made a determined point in the distance, is simply the best for everybody, so what are the changes,  well I believe I have told you even though it is simply broad strokes (as always read between the bloody lines, lets see who is clever enough to work it out) if you can’t work it out well you only have around 16 weeks to wait, I  know the suspense…………isn’t there!

So the third blog in a week all neatly typed and hot to trot over the course of three days, but will be posted over about 10 days these won’t do as much as the last ones simply because I intend to post them quite quickly they may bleed into the numbers of the coming months, we shall see (intruder has had 93 readings in the last 10 weeks so there’s hope for some of the others) this is not the shortest blog by any stretch of the imagination, but it is the shortest in the last few weeks.

Now that’s the end of that one I need to see what spinning plate to select next, we are now  in the final stretch so to speak and I only want to pick the best ideas so that this portion of the blog ends with a bang and not a whimper, so watch the skies for incoming, please stay safe and stay alive, there will be more news leaching through in the coming weeks but until then………..Toodles!


And yes the name game is in play!

No comments:

Post a Comment