Thursday 29 October 2020

On the Road Again.

So finally, something that has happened to us socially, now not historically, I’m not sure if I remember how to one of those!

So we were both happy we had booked a little jaunt away from home just the two of us, no Kraken, no kids and no pooch, just some us time, we were off to a little place outside of Richmond for the end  of March, then Co vid hit and the world turned upside down, our date got moved to October, we started counting the days, finally it arrived thank god for that, here is brief description of the mischief we didn’t get up to!

Work had been crap, actually it hadn’t it’s just that I had been poorly and I was easily worn out, I had a week of leave booked and a phone call with the Dr who kind of talked me out of being poorly and I kind of agreed with him, I didn’t fancy a camera being invasive front or rear, so I kind of was like a noddy dog, “but if it flares up again come and see me” er…..OK! Monday afternoon guess what happens, yes you guessed it I was sick as a dog and was as weak as a kitten, this could only get better…...Not!

But as the week cracked on we were getting all excited, could this actually happen, we didn’t pack until the Thursday just in case there was another lockdown, Friday we awoke and checked what we had packed and had a number of cunning plans, my sickness came and went, however my wind from both ends didn’t it’s awful, I was definitely the walking wounded, it seems to be a common thread maybe I simply shouldn’t plan holidays! Thankfully as the day went on, I perked up (even just so slightly) we couldn’t get there before a certain time, so we took our own sweet time, I had to call into work to drop off my laptop and phone so we could transfer to the new company after the weekend.

Off to M&S to buy supplies nothing fancy, some food and some nibbles and then some magazines, Classic Rock and Fireworks, I couldn’t find Rock Candy (maybe tomorrow) there was a brief moment (not) of panic when I had thought I had lost my phone, actually I didn’t really care one small jot, it was found once we got back to the car, panic over well I suppose it would have been if I had actually panicked, we took a slow drive to our destination (Flowery Dell Google it, its lovely) we did a socially distanced booking in and then on to our little palace for the weekend, the cabin was lovely we chilled and checked it out, we were set to chill, the weather had been good all the way there, but there was a black cloud on the horizon and for once it wasn’t me…….Ooops!

It started to drizzle as we closed the curtains for the night and we socially distanced on separate couches as my arse was like a ragged royal salute every other ten minutes, it wasn’t  funny and no I don’t do it on purpose, contrary to popular perception, a great night and then we were off to the land of nod, no wooden hill to climb, I was asleep in record time (even for me) of course I was up again at a ridiculously late time of six o’clock, which for me is late….Honest! I was washed out, my get up and go had got up and buggered off in the night, it was still dark, so no wildlife straight away, but there was plenty of bird life throughout the course of the day and a squirrel me and the wife named Sammy, a small breakfast (toast) and I got the heating on as it was a tad nippy, once the place was up to temperature it stayed warm, but first thing was just s tad nippy even for me.

I did a bit of a tidy up not that it needed it, and then broke out the MP 3 player (before it died about 12 songs in (grrr) the rest of the day was actually me sleeping for large portions of it, not what I had intended but the wife was more than happy, so no complaints from me except it rained and rained it was a total deluge, so it was a good job that we intended to stay in all day, we lazed, nibbled on our supplies, watched some DVDs ate some more nibbles and generally chilled a great day was had by all, including Sammy, it would have been great if I hadn’t been as weak as a kitten, the squirrel could have beaten me up!

Again I was up even earlier on the Sunday, again a small breakfast a quick bath and we packed, the weekend was nearly over we just had the ride home, so we watched Sammy running himself ragged, we left just before our allotted time, another call into M&S on the way home as we had forgotten the main reason we had called in on Friday in our keenness to get away with our nibbles, my main complaint about the weekend was I could have powered the nation with all of the wind from me, believe me it was horrible. The ride home wasn’t bad the weather had come out again but again I wasn’t strong enough to complain, we got home just as the rain arrived, we again just chilled I made a late lunch I even snatched an afternoon snooze, some of you might think how bloody boring, actually it was just what we both needed.

Back to work the next morning the good vibe soon disappeared, but it was good while it lasted, I looked to see if I could book it again next year for the summer it was booked solid, damn and blast maybe we will have a look for a new place, that’s if I last that long, I had another conversation with the doctor and he has made me stop my medication (well some of it) and he is going to organise a camera and the crew, so deep joy, I’m having good days and bad thankfully they are in equal measures, I’m sure it’s something innocuous, but I am not dismissing anything till everything has been done.

The handover at work went quite smoothly, it’s not the job that’s wearing me out, it’s me I need to perk myself up, I don’t want the new company thinking I’m some kind of Leper, and there you have the blog, not a historical one, not one where I have been whinging (well not much) and although we didn’t really social interact with anybody we got out and did something different! With this blog we are into single figures before the change, the next one will be a little late simply because of my shift pattern (something I could whinge about …. but I won’t for once) so watch the skies for incoming , remember to stay safe and until the next one …..Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment