Sunday 1 April 2018

Catfish rising


There are some strange people out there! No not strange like me, but people who are really strange, I had a conversation with a real live person, out here in the real world, who is no longer on social media.

This person had all of their photographs and a false account set up in a different name, with all different locations, different family details, every thing was dubious, the name instead of Bob was changed to Rob, the similarities were damn close but this other individual was obviously out there and fishing for females, he claimed he was on the far side of the world, living life to the max, turns out he lived at the end of my mates street, the cheek of it, and he was really successful at collecting women for his harem!

My friend then complained to Farcebook, well you can guess what they didn’t do, they then took absolutely no action at all, they insisted that there had to be more proof than was being offered, and this other guy simply kept casting his net, so my friends wife who up until this time hadn’t been on social media (WTF)  set up an account and got added to this guys harem, it turns  out not only had he mined this guys accounts he had set up another twelve yes you read that right twelve accounts (when did he find the time to work for a living……continued at dontgetmestarted.com)he compiled them from the accounts with the most crossover, so that there were plenty of photographs to share, to make it look as though this one individual was having a whale of a time with all of these people, slowly snaring people into his wake.

So, my friend and his wife slowly started to collect evidence so that they could present the full story to the wonderful people at farcebook, well after seven months, that’s exactly what they did and you know what happened, well him and his wife were banned for snooping on a private individual, they got banned because there are rules against that kind of thing! WTF they got a 30 day ban for their troubles, now as it happens this person thankfully had a lot of friends who complained bitterly and the issue was resolved, I have no idea what this person was getting out of it, I have no idea, as I have said in previous blogs, I’m old fashioned, I have very little idea what people do or want from the technology that is ruling our lives these days.

I like to blog it helps me with my little issues that I have, it also helps me interact (well sort of) with people in the real world (180 people on my page I probably interact with about 10% of them) some people are weird, I shouldn’t have to tell you lot this, guard you and your family, keep safe your profiles, life is too short to have to worry about crap like this, what does my friend do about this, well they gave everything up about social media, they are on no sites whatsoever, maybe that’s the way forward, having said that if that’s true, then nobody will be here to read my drivel, until next time keep safe………..Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment