Sunday 7 April 2013

King of the mountain

Or at least I thought I was, I have struggled over the last few weeks with what I have been writing and although not ground breaking, I don't think it's been that bad either, having said that I did it for me and nobody else anyway, and it's with a heavy heart I have decided not to release anymore books (for the foreseeable future) there seems to be a definite lack of light between the pages, and it's all meant to be just a little bit of fun!

The end of the blog no not quite but there will be an abundance of posts as I actually have about three books ready to go, so I will disseminate what I have written and post it here for the masses, it's not like the books have sold huge quantities, the blogs do better, so from now on instead of spreading myself to thin I intend to print here, everything I have will appear on here at some time, I just think trying to sort it all out evenly into the books has actually been a bit of a strain, I have been writing to cheer me up and actually I was just worrying about the quality of the material, that's not to say I don't worry on the blog, it just gestates for shorter periods of time, therefore I don't write and rewrite it over and over again, three times at most, initial draft in long hand, then typed up then typed here and yes I always tweak, what I write with the books sometimes I might have written it over a dozen times so therefore it takes some of that joy out of it!

The decision has been made! Me, I did it, so bugger off and get on with it, my intention was to have finished publishing original material books by this Christmas anyway and just do Toodles episodes with maybe one or two new ish chapters at the end, but no now it's time to move on, I need the blog I don't need the books, that's not to say if I have a ground breaking Idea that I won't break out the old long hand pad, just at this moment in time I'm doing a Frank Sinatra and waving farewell to the book medium.

This week has actually mainly been me wrestling with this conundrum and work has been gnawing away at me most annoyingly, so once the idea was complete it's really been time to move on! there has been  lots of shouty shouty in the house and if I'm honest there has been time's I would rather live in a ditch, why people have to be so silly is beyond me, if I'm lucky I have about 15 - 20 years left in me, I would rather have some happiness than the shite that has been going on in my life, no I have no desire to leave my wife go on a killing spree or any such thing I just expect better and well it's not happening, thankfully we have the odd moment of adult company which does help!

Yesterday a delightful  curve ball was thrown our way and we ended up with said delightful company in the toon drinking real ale and cider and then some of us went and ate some Lebanese cuisine, yes the wife as well! the food was great the company better and my sanity was saved at the last moment, some more of that would be nice, and with this blog finished I head off to hit the hay and try and decide which bits from the books I publish first, don't despair all is well and get your safety belts on as there is a shit load of stuff coming your way, so until then watch the skies and toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment