Sunday 31 March 2013

Easter

OK so that is exactly how it should be done, a wild and wonderful night with some great company and just one or two jolly japes and only one knob joke....as far as I'm aware that is!

The week wound down to me feeling sorry for myself (again) for some reason, OK the trip to the dentist didn't help and a wife bleating on at me for working for a living certainly didn't help! I had a number of blogs written including one called "don't stop running" which will now be transposed into the new book which after much invigoration I hope to have to the printers today fingers and everything else crossed(watch this space)!

Good Friday was actually chilled  but was soon spoiled by the eldest (again) getting freaked over nothing and a massive row ensued (over nothing) I will admit to having a shorter fuse than normal, although if I'm honest its all bluster, this isn't the kid we raised, this surly selfish cuckoo that has presented herself back into the nest, I feel sorry in some ways because she isn't a bad kid but.......do the crime do the time, the rest of the night was spoiled by said outburst and I sat glowering at the wall rather than making things worse (me with my reputation).

Saturday was more of the same, a van was required to go collect the rest of her belongings which apart from locking ourselves out of the van it went without incident....sort of, thankfully stress levels sank again after the outburst in the morning, a more even keel we had arrangements to meet some like minded peeps I needed a break I really did!

Once everybody was sorted out we took our time getting ourselves all fancified, even the wife was on time! although you could see the eldest sinking into a more morose mood, I chivvied the wife out the door and we were soon in contact with the forward parties, this may have been going to be a smallish affair.....but if I had anything to do with it it was going to get messy! the wife bumped into peeps as soon as we were through the door and although I knew at least one it was all girly talk so I got the drinks, and waited, then like a young puppy G was there and as always E had that look on her face as though she is being punished (she's luuurves him really) E couldn't understand why I was sat where I was (girly things ...babies etc etc) she soon understood and settled down the party soon split and the rest soon joined us and the madness began in Ernest who the feck is Ernest I have no idea, but we were talking about Emily Bishop for strange reason! the drink flowed even SMOR turned up with a posse, mind you I nearly glassed one of them when they said "are you from Stanley"? WTF calm me down with inkyhol stat!

Everybody was on superfine form even the Campbell who discussed war wounds with the wife and then started sassing the girls for their wordplay (too complicated, when I lose the will to live I will tell you.....so the next blog is sorted then) we stayed in Lick Your Hoop for a while before heading off to the Five Welders and the mountain that is the only path to the bloody Loo's, the wife descended into coffee hell and took the pip as I wouldn't order it for her (if they get it wrong I'm not equipped to make difficult secondary decisions) the night flowed and it was the complete antidote to my blues although E thought my photographic memory (hahahahahahahahahahahahaha) might be getting used to source material for this blog....as if!

As always the night ended way too soon and we said our goodbyes and headed back to Gimpsville to make a sandwich and hit the hay as the clocks had already been put forward and it was late we headed up the stairs, to dream of small cunning plans (mainly in the writing department ) and the thought of G smashing an egg of his bonce, sorry if I have been a tad negative boys and girls of late, I do promise to improve, sorry this is shorter than planned but I have book to finish and a deadline that has been pushed back by four weeks already time to crack on and burn up the keyboard until later....Toodles!


No comments:

Post a Comment