Sunday 10 March 2013

The Univited Guest

Week 2 in the Big Brother shed and life is just as cack as ever, but the world keeps turning so we need to keep trying....so I'm told!

The wife is officially war wounded and although she has suffered for all of the 21 years I have known her (and not just because of me either) the pain she is going through is mind blowing, seeing a normally strong willed person in tears and having to rely on morphine just to get some kind of rest, watching her trying to go the through the motions is heartbreaking. tomorrow she will try yet again and get yet another appointment for somebody to give her even just a little bit of pain relief.

Work has been grinding away, not for any other reason than I'm as per usual dealing with stupid people and the quantity of work is mind blowing, normally I could duck and dive but at this time of the year the is no room for manoeuvre so it's heads down and crack on, I'm even having to cancel my weeks holiday that I'm due to take next week, for obvious reasons, I do not intend to take a weeks holiday to babysit I need to recharge my batteries but if I do it at the moment I don't think that it will happen which in turn will end up with dummies being spat out and toys being thrown into the corner which I don't really want to be involved in, my tongue is being well and truly chewed on at the moment and not in a good way.

Riding the Plague Carrier has been a bit of a pain as well not even my usual seat baiting has helped although listening to music has indeed soothed the savage beast (that would be me!), tomorrow my lift returns and no doubt I shall have to endure tales of Arabia and some such other tales of mystery ah well back to the grinding stone I suppose!

The hurricane being here 24/7 is also wearing especially as Princess Toadstool seems to think that we are here simply to be at her beck and call, if there were some sign of appreciation I wouldn't mind but as always .....nah lets not go there.

Writing has been cancelled until the bile has subsided (any day now) and a new publishing date has been confirmed as the last day of the month, more than likely it's all for the best I think I need to get my head around it if it's ready before hand it will be ready with another Toodles edition coming exactly four weeks later, and then concentrating on the Toodles editions until October when the next all new all singing and dancing book is produced, cunning plans are being reviewed all the time so watch the skies.

Again a lot of heart felt thank you's, as people keep enquiring to me about my general health as some of you seem to think that I'm sinking! no not really just fed up of waiting for something nice to happen, it's a year since the mother of all road trips, (Vegas Baby) and I feel as though I sold my soul (in a good way) to go there (and what a fab time I had....read Rest Rooms Of The Strip if you really need to know all about it) but have endured over the course of the last year, being sick while waiting for the plane should have been a dead give away, and I still can't wait for the opportunity to go back and do it properly with The Tee Hee Club (by doing it properly I mean not being a plague case so that everybody has to go at my pace) and yes I think I will come up with a cunning plan for the return bout I'm sure the gang will go with the flow even if we just go to find Kes!

For the rest of today the intention is to go and see some old hag as it's her birthday (78 or something close) and we need to marshall our troops as our youngest is coming with us (as long as we can keep the raspberry ripple off the morphine)  a short journey and then it shall be a full blown assault on South Shields as we need to kick off the season with a bang, as it's so long since I have had proper company at a drunken level, I have been missing my weekly episodes of Weld!

So that's the plan of attack it's all on an upward cycle and yes I will try just that little bit better to be a happier camper because truth be told I hate (against all expectations) being a misery guts I could (actually that should read we) do with some sunshine for our souls so buckle up boys and girls we could be in for some clear air turbulence in time for the next exciting episode so until then FOAD and Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment