Friday 22 March 2013

Pillow Talk

A strange type of week with good things and bad things in equal measure and blog numbers through the bloody roof so it all works out in the end!

The Tee Hee Club last Sunday was absolutely bloody fantastic, great people, great crack and a bloody good time was had by all, the alcohol was divine and much laughter and hi jinks and a few cunning plans thrown into the mix, all in all it's what life is for and although I know we can't have as many hi jinks as we would like, every precious moment is worth it.

Work (although I should have been on holiday) was just bleurgh, it has been better it has been worse, some interesting twists and an awful lot of games being played, with me sitting in the back of the class, watching and waiting, the numb skulls will fuck up at some point and I will not do my told you so dance too often!

Thanks to SMOR we  had a chance to see FM in Newcastle mid week and although i was looking forward to seeing Vega the first support band it was a pointless exercise as the venue is pathetic at the best of times from a PA point of view it was like listening to a male voice choir in a cement mixer, we took two songs and headed back to the rear of the hall as the volume was giving me even more tinnitus than usual, the sound improved slightly for It Bites, however for a widdly prog band it wasn't anywhere near good enough even for the main act it wasn't perfect, that is the biggest issue with the bloody venue cheap and nasty PA, the band as always were excellent, and we sneaked into the meet and greet and got a thumbs up from some willing participants for the mother of all birthday parties next year (me and the wife hitting 50) and although it's not going to be cheap (I hope I get my bonus next year) we have a starting point and if that's what it takes then that is what we will do watch this space for further(lurid) details.

We also as always heard more unsettling tales of SMOR and his pillow fetish, but it would be naughty of me to allude to anything in this blog (mind you the cheque hasn't cleared yet hahaha) we left and headed back to the cold north and were soon snug as a bug. I decided to (cough) work from home the next day (basically I could not be arsed to haul my ass out my pit)  I also had a dentist appointment with a new dentist so I was filled with dread from the off, the reason I will put in a book at some point (head over to Blurb .com to see the all ready published works of art!) so the day dragged and certain people annoyed me just a bit (the main reason why I wasn't on holiday) but I was a brave soldier, pointless being anything other as it is what it is, hell if I can stand getting tattooed I'm sure I can endure any hell that they put me through (allegedly) watch out for next weeks blog to see if I grew a set of balls or did I leg it like the chicken I probably am.

And that to be honest is that, nothing too much has happened but the weekend has arrived with not much other than a load of bloody snow coming over the hill, which is not big or clever either, as it's Easter next week and the clocks go forward and, and, and oh you get the drift (and hopefully not the snow variety) so I'm hoping to finish the new book after a quick visit to the hospital for a new  appointment to find out why the wife is still being used as a snipers target, OK so she keeps going down like she has been shot, it's not big and it's not clever, but hopefully some answers or even just some light shed on the issues will hopefully help!

So watch the skies and all the other bullshit I normally spout Summer is coming allegedly, so until then keep your powder dry Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment