Saturday 2 February 2013

Clock strikes ten

Ah Friday night, a realm of freedom from work (apart what I brought home to do) and a chance to catch up with the wife, I know I see her every night but Friday the youngest (still) goes to the Kraken's and we kind of bond....allegedly!

So I arrived home with big bag of work (ooops) and in a good humour, and I sat and chatted to peeps and as the youngest was getting ready I asked one simple question and it turned into a blood bath (WOW) first time ever, so I had to do my grumpy impression (and I'm good at doing that hahaha) and the message was received and fully understood and thankfully an even keel was returned, if that's what an innocent question does I might just have to try a hard one!

The wife soon returned and we settled down after we had something to eat, me with an exploding pasty and the wife to a meal (she cooked I was happy....ish) we settled down to in a comfortable groove to watch various programmes as we do and after an hour or two I blinked, now that's not to unusual but for some reason I don't seem to get it in the neck on a Friday night, and not only is that weird but the first time in ages I dreamt about loads of weird crap, instead of the usual crap.

We were standing waiting at a bus stop in a fantasy version of Wallsend (go with me on this one peeps this is definitely going down the rabbit hole)   when a bus turns up with Whitesnake on it, that's the band not David Coverdale he had his own magic carpet or some such device, being a gentleman I allowed the wife to get on first and then Doug Aldrich shut the doors and told the driver to drive on, as a joke! haha well I had the last laugh and I stormed off  in a right big huff in a direction the bus couldn't follow, that showed them, it was at this point I realised I was lost, but thankfully I then bumped into Carla Gugino (an actress in tons of stuff and no I have no idea why it was her and not somebody who is remotely famous) who unfortunately was upset by the fact she had lost her eyebrows (WTF!) so me being helpful we had a look but the undergrowth was way too thick she then took a strop and left me all alone (boy can she run when she is in a strop) .

As I sat next to a stream in a lightly wooded area (that seemed to be like an Italian wooded area ????) a marching band dressed like Italians at the turn of the century wound there way through the woods towards me and when they arrived at the river they shared their bread cheese and wine but because I'm not a lover of wine they magically discovered a bottle of Dandelion and Burdock pop (yippee) we sat and talked and they knew of a band of wandering minstrels who could help me on my quest (I have no idea when it had turned into a quest but it had) and these helpful chaps would assist me on my way, as I approached their van who steps out but only Robin Zander and the rest of the chaps from Cheap Trick, Bun.E wasn't wanting to help but the others did so we headed off on a cross country ride and its at this point it gets blurry as the wife (back in the real world the wife was poking me back to reality) I sat up was told to go shut off my computer,the one that had been running a virus check or something, that completed I headed up the stairs into a freshly changed bed and was soon back in the land of nod!

Cheap Trick though had disappeared and the rest of the dream was not as fulfilling as the first part which I can remember vividly, I do remember meeting back up with the family on a teacup going the opposite direction (?) but we were able to converse and I was happy to see that everybody was OK, the last memory was sitting on an English (it had that kind of feel) hill top over looking some beautiful countryside with a dog barking in the back ground and a woman walking towards me smiling, but the dog barking was getting louder and I realised it was Carla Gugino  and she was waving at me saying she had found her eyebrows and she wanted to say thank you, but that bloody dog is barking ........and I'm awake it's the old man of the house wanting to be out and the house has that silent feel that means it's time for me to shift my bone idle lazy ass downstairs and help him, so I'm awake and the kettle is boiling and I realised that I remember that I actually remember the first part of the dream, and for once it was a fairly pleasant one (not the recurring one I have been having for nearly thirty years that's decidedly unpleasant) and because today shall be a day of writing I thought lets blog first.

Now if anybody is silly enough to know what my dream was about then you are more mental than I am! it was just a dream OK a strange one, but what the hell that's what dreams are all about so enjoy your weekend, I know I intend to even without the adult company I crave, but the new book beckons and I have three weeks to complete another eight chapters before I chose what I want to publish and then I have to finish another Toodles book which is about ninety per cent done. play nice and try not to bite and hopefully I will be back here sooner than Carla Gugino can lose her eyebrows....Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment