Sunday 27 January 2013

Shy boy

I was recently asked by a reader and fellow blogger (no names no pack drill hahahaha I don't advertise on yours you don't advertise on mine) why do I Blog? (erm.....because it makes me a fortune.....not!) It seemed like a simple enough Question but the truth is I didn't have a bloody clue!

Why do I write them? Well of course not for the money (it certainly wouldn't keep me in custard creams) although one day I do hope a modicum of reward would be nice! I suppose it's a creative exercise (me with my reputation) from which I do occasionally derive some pleasure, well actually no I have always struggled to mine these nuggets (and I always second guess myself to decide if there is any merit to what I have written or is it just drivel....don't answer that) so again I ask the question why the hell do I do it?

Well after careful consideration, I have come to believe that it's actually cheaper than therapy, I believe if I had been able to communicate better in my formative years, I would have had less compulsion for verbal diarrhoea now! This leads me to wonder should I actually tell this person that I write these blogs because I was incapable of expressing myself as a youngster, a situation that caused me unbearable anguish and pain  which appears to be only now leaving me!

Maybe? Nah I told them I write them because they are fun to do (erm sometimes, sometimes not) but this leads me to a question: if they write about what I write what kind of miserable childhood did they have?

You decide .......Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment