Saturday 24 December 2011

A hard habit to break

Thank feck the day I hate in the whole year is just about over and I can stop being a fecking grinch, yesterday didn't start well we were told that the big computer had the blue screen of death so that's not good I don't think, I chilled last night and enjoyed the princess bride (a kids film but still good)the wife turned up late again (again no surprise there) but thankfully no major drama, mind you we have the full weekend ahead of us, I had spent all day reading and writing, then rereading and rewriting, basically having fun but as I keep saying I don't want to over think stuff keep it on the simmer and not let my paranoia set in.

I settled in to wait for the wife to appear so I watched some Morecambe and Wise, well its Christmas you have to don't you and I laughed at how simple the majority of it was not malicious in any way, I sat and enjoyed it but try getting the youth of today to watch well they just don't understand ( I should just smash their face in hahahaha) when the wife finally turned up we chilled did a few odd jobs and yet again ended up going to bed LATE.

Surprise I was first up not that I minded, today is without a doubt my most hated day (I mentioned this didn't I hahahaha) we got sorted and the wife went about her tasks and I set off to find some regular light bulbs not the shite that everybody is selling (and the main reason why opticians are doing a roaring trade) it's like being in a 17th century tavern on most nights anyway, I never found any so I had to task the wife to do the deed so I could get on with putting the house back to some form of shape for the big day tomorrow and although the day dragged as it always does I managed to do most of the stuff that was required (without playing the cripples card).

The wife managed to get a great deal on a last minute turkey which although is not going to be used tomorrow (later on in the week I think) the house filled up and the youngest came back and it was heart warming listening to her laughter fill the house I wasn't the grinch that I normally have been, the wife is still poorly but I am taking care of her so she can have a bit of a rest. Now I know I hate today but I do enjoy the day itself I get to cook the dinner and have fun then it will be over for another year maybe next year I might even break into a grimace..oooh no that will be wind so anyway I hope you all get what you deserve whatever that should be I will see you all on the other side Toodles!

1 comment: