Friday 23 December 2011

Bad Intention

Here it comes down the track the time of year I hate is fast approaching with all the false sentiment and the making of the merry (which basically means lets get pissed ...and I'm not adverse to that ) but the most hated day of the year for me and I have my reasons is Christmas eve and I get worse every year, I suppose I'll be OK once I die (there's some Christmas cheer for you)   writing has been good after the calamity that was last week the motorbike helmet is off and the wall is down and I rewrote the 8000 words OK so it was too about 7000 but i got rid of the piffle and just left meat on the bone (I hope) I was also fortunate and found enough old blogs from the original site to do about three quarters of yet another book (I know I should get my finger out and complete at least one instead of having five projects on the go) but again the sea of possibilities helps and I have to admit to like having the plates spinning at the same time, I'm hoping that the quality doesn't suffer, but I do honestly hope to have book number two with 100% all new material hot to trot by the end of next month (everything crossed).

With work now finished (apart from checking emails and taking a few incoming phone calls ) I intend to knuckle down and write lots over Christmas some of the small jobs I wanted done at home are being ticked off and apart from world war three being averted the painting is just about complete, you would think that after twenty years together the wife would understand how my mind (OK that's pushing I know I'm a man I don't have a mind) you would think that she could see the signs that I'm a right misery until Christmas morning and then I enjoy it, keep poking me with the stick and I will go off like a bear with a sore head.

On Sunday we enjoyed what was tentatively the last Tee Hee Club Bash of the year we did a good deed and then headed to our local in South Shields and had a wonderful night with good friends some nice drinkie poo's and some grub, we came we saw we laughed our asses off, there was even several doses of pixie dust, see I can enjoy myself when needs be(lets just dispense with the Ho Ho Ho crap). we came home kicked back and sort of chilled

Tuesday was the day I was dreading and again purely because work has become so bloody political it was the works Christmas do, again good fun if you like the time of year but because of what's gone on in our department lately we were expected to attend (at least we the management team had to) and lets be honest I have to put up with the shit and you have to smile enjoy yourself and generally do things that I don't like to do, at least I wasn't sat on the table of the damned the company was pleasant and the meal OK, Wow what a surprise chicken hahaha I endured the meal and as soon as the DJ started thankfully my lift wanted to go home (woo hoo result) got home safe and sound and only got a small glare off the wife (how dare you go out and actually have fun ...this has to stop) then off to bed because the next day was the biggie as far as I was concerned.

We awoke full of good intentions there was painting to be done but we weren't up too early (for once for fecks sake I am on holiday) we had a lazy breakfast but then the demon box was put on to feed the wife's addiction and just starting was it's a wonderful life, so we watched it and then set about doing what we were meant to do ...PAINT!
this in itself turned into a comedy of errors which soon escalated into the aforementioned world war three, but after much shouting and pointing of sticks (from both sides) we knuckled down and cracked on with the job in hand although I was a brave little soldier (warning cripple card being played) I think my days of climbing ladders are well and truly over I have said it before and I feel the need to say it again if I was a pet I would expect my owners to have me (humanly) put to sleep.

Yesterday was a funny day lots of plans that didn't take off and a long day in the house by myself proof reading everything that i have wrote so far for all the books and thankfully I didn't delete anything but I know I need to get my finger out and to get Foxtrot Oscar completed so I shall be writing everyday now until the deed is done.

Today is a funny sort of day as I'm trying to find out exactly what is going on at work (I should really be there) as this is make or break time or so we are lead to believe,I just want to know what's happening without any of the bullshit that comes with it, so now I have to type furiously so that this isn't the last blog before the new year no doubt there will be a few skirmishes to type up before that dubious honour as I type this I'm waiting for sleeping beauty to haul ass so we can get on with the cunning plans and the spinning of those many plates, so until the next time have fun and if you can't have fun tell somebody who gives a sh*t!...Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment