Yes as usual the name game is in play, this small missive all about the Hurricane, my name for my grandson The Hurricane! He is having some issues in life and we all are trying to assist him. I’m not going to go into all of the issues that he has, when he’s cool he’s fab, he’s as bright as a button and for his age he’s damn smart, smarter than I’ll ever be, he has taught himself how to play the piano, however there are times when he has ticks and other issues, I wish I could wave a magic wand and help him. Unfortunately even in this day and age that’s not what’s going to happen!
He wasn’t always the same way, as he’s gotten older, his issues have come through harder and stronger, and as hard as he attempts to do good things, sometimes it simply doesn’t help, we have had many sleepless nights, stressful times and worrying times, things that we didn’t ever think that we would have to fight, everyday I tell him that I love him and that he will get out of life what he puts into it, I’m trying to instil a sense of empathy for his fellow humans, something that because of his condition he has little understanding, he knows he is loved, however sometimes as much as he is, things sometimes go slightly askew!
We love having him here in the house, but at times its hyper stressful, sometimes its nothing but argument after argument, and to be honest I learn something new every day, about him and his condition, it can be extremely draining for us, sometimes its good sometimes its not, we strive to do our best every day, and you know what sometimes even our best is simply not good enough. But we try, and we will keep trying no matter what it takes. In the bad old days you would just been battered for being “naughty” however that’s not what its about, its about trying to help, even when he doesn’t want it, listen to me the new age person that I have become…………..NOT!
Why have I felt the need to write this small blog just to let people know, that no matter how good you try life can turn to crap in the blink of an eye, but no matter what you have to keep moving forward, you never know what people are going through and watch the skies, there’s a couple of blogs simmering away, so until then………..Toodles!
No comments:
Post a Comment