I have been watching a couple of podcasts of late and a couple of made an impression, with peeps saying top tens and the such like, I had a little time so I put pen to paper (so to speak).
Favourite Comedian – Billy Connolly, I have him seen more than any other comedian, and I have never seen the same show twice, (26 gigs in total), I do like a lot of American comedians, but this man to me is the King of Comedy!
Most Inspiring Sportsperson – Gordon Banks, still my favourite goal keeper and the person who really did inspire me to want to take part in sports, it was soon decided I was too small to be a goal keeper, so I became a defender, I believe people should get paid for what they deliver, however I think that the modern day sports people are paid obscene amounts, maybe that should be a full blog for later!
Favourite piece of classical music – I do like classical music but there’s a lot I have no idea what they are called or who the composer was, but to be honest the piece I will go with is O Fortuna by Carl Orff, if you don’t know it, its the piece that Ozzy used as an opener, I liked it before that I will say that the rest of the opera that it’s taken from is rather dull!
Favourite Song – Rainbow Stargazer, I honestly thought I would struggle with this one but no this popped straight into my mind and every other song I thought of that I pitted it against Stargazer, however not one single song could compete, this eight minutes of superb majestic rock music, it was also my mothers favourite song “play the song about the wizard” sill makes me smile!
Favourite Style of films – now this one I did struggle with this one, but it has to be British Movies, predominately Black and White classics, way too many to mention, I will be honest and if you ask on another day I might have another answer, watch this space!
Favourite Book – now this one did indeed give me a massive headache and I have bounced backwards and forwards between so many including in no particular order Taipan – James Clavell, Magician by Raymond E Fiest anything by James Elroy, Stephen King and so on and so on, but I’m going to stick with the three books that I learnt to read as a child and its by Enid Blyton The Magic Faraway Tree series, the first and still simply the best!
Favourite Actor – male or female I have no idea who I would or even could nominate for this position again I would probably nominate people from the golden era, so I’m going to raise a white flag and cop out of this one, there is simply way too many great actors!
Favourite Singer – Freddie Mercury, listen to the first seven Queen albums unbelievable, the later albums are good but the seeds were sown here, and he can sing any style, nuff said!
Work Of Art – I have no idea, I know what I like, I know what I don’t like and with this I mean classical art pieces, I do like modern artists (Mark Wilkinson) but I am going to go with Starry Night by Vincent Van Gogh!
Favourite type of food – I like all styles, I haven’t come across much that I don’t like, but I would say home made Egg and Chips again purely from a nostalgia point of view, it is what it is
Lets see if I think the same in a years time!
No comments:
Post a Comment