Another one about the fact that my body is quite literally falling apart at the seams (and yes the name game is in play) I had an appointment today for my diabetic feet testing, oh the joys of getting old!
As I sat in the waiting room, as always I was on time, as was the nurse, now that was a surprise, I was treated like a human being and the nurse was on point with all of my queries while conducting the testing, the appointment was what the NHS used to be all about, time taken to understand the persons needs, it wasn’t a conveyor belt type of appointment, time was taken and the appointment was a joy, well apart from when she attacked my feet with a machete, OK so I’m joking, but I hate being touched by other people (me weird oh hell yeah) I had a couple of semi serious questions (nothing life threatening) stuff that I wanted to talk to a health professional rather than looking stuff up on Google, yes the answer to all of my queries, the reply was “diabetes” for all of them. Oh nope hang on one of the answers was “Cellulitis” a hold back from a cheap holiday about twelve years ago, it flares up every now and again usually when I’m tired.
Oh boy am I tired, at the moment it feels like I haven't had a decent nights sleep in years, for about the last 18 months I have averaged around four hours sleep a night, the problem I have is once I’m awake that’s it I have to get up, that then knocks my whole day off kilter, when I get up I have my breakfast my dinner is usually around nine in the morning I try to go as long as I can, but once hunger sets in, my heads in my bait box looking for something to eat, I have my evening meal usually as soon as I get home and then its the long ride through until bedtime and then back to my four hours sleep, I do wake up feeling refreshed for a short period of time, I will admit to being rather tired after eighteen months of a sleep pattern that’s not very helpful to my health.
I was doing my walking through the house on Tuesday morning, in the dark so not to disturb anybody who is still in the land of nod, and as I walk like a bloody penguin, I accidentally kicked something hard there on the landing in the dark! Ouch was not the four lettered word that sprang to mind, my toe was badly bruised (and still is) but thankfully isn’t sore any more, typical of the little injuries that you pick up when you are wandering in the house in the dark.
I had my little incident because I fell over (see the blog Scream) which shook my sense of invincibility and that set my old neck and shoulder injury off, thankfully I didn’t bruise my forehead or smash the toilet with my thick skull, over the years I have had a number of similar injuries minor nicks and bruises that always seem to resurface at the worst time to remind me I’m not as invincible as I like to think that I am! Over the years the little niggles have generally gotten bigger with time and the fact I never went to get them fixed when I should have.
Oh the big things the broken bones, I’m not that dumb, I hobbled to the quacks as quick as my body would allow, but the niggles I never went, stupid then and regretting it these days, but we all learn the hard way, actually I’m not sure that I learn, we will see how it goes once I have my new knee, I will make sure that I get to stick with my rehab so that I can get on with life, all I do know is if it doesn’t happen soon, there will be further issues as my old and ancient body breaks down.
There are other maladies that I am having additional tests for at the moment, nothing specific or being spoken about until they have all of the details, I’m not too worried because the Dr doesn’t seem to be too bothered, they are simply being super cautious because of my age and already existing health conditions, I will go with the flow until the bell tolls and they can finally nail the arse of what ever is causing said issues, what is annoying is the fact that mentally, this is possibly the brightest spot of the last five years, I am trying really hard to be a more positive person, I’m not saying that I’m perfect and I’m also not saying I haven’t had some small blips, well because that would be a lie, I’m not happy with my sleep patterns (as already discussed) which to be truthful are usually pretty crap, there doesn’t seem to be any answers as to why over the last eighteen months I wake up after fours hours, I have done all the tricks, taken all the supplements (magnesium and the such like) last night I had the best sleep of this year, I had roughly seven and a half hours of sleep, helped by the fact I had drank rather a large quantity of vodka last night, I certainly don’t want that to be the answer, not that I don’t want to have a drink, but I have a tendency to get the munchies when I have had a drink, I am trying to watch my weight as I want my knee operation, too much of the munchies and the weight will come back on, a very vicious circle.
So there you go, another blog and the one thing that the sleepless nights has been doing is helping me write more than I have been, that can only be good for the blog, so stay safe stay alive and keep watching the skies the intention is to try and do a blog (or at least publish ) every five to six days, I know I’ve said that before lets just see how good I can keep the promise of delivering plenty of blogs, until the next one…………..Toodles!
No comments:
Post a Comment