Thursday 28 September 2023

No Surprise – Inside the box - Yet another cunning stunt.

 

No Surprise – Yet another cunning stunt.

30- 8-23.

Nearly the end of my week at home (the first of three weeks off) before the big day and there’s no surprise yet again I didn’t sleep past five in the morning, so I braved the world of breakfast (toast for those who are interested) and sat dejectedly knowing I couldn’t do anything until the bride of Dracula rose from her pit, so it was headphones and the classic Aerosmith albums starting in reverse from Night in the Ruts back to the debut, I did a little light reading, and checked the laptops were working fine and checking the numbers for the blog……GADZOOKS they are through the roof, I have no idea why but yup a steady four figures over the last seven days (and beyond if truth be told) to say that I’m gob smacked and that flabber is well and truly gasted is an understatement, I have no idea what’s going on!

The wife ascended the stairs and all was well in the world she had a hair appointment, so I decided just to keep pottering, annoying the little dog in the process but in a nice way, he’s not a fan of the hoover, but he is of the microwave (that’s because he knows his chicken is getting cooked) he’s a grumpy old man, a little bit like me, there I said it before any of you keyboard warriors went there. We decided to have pizza as a treat and all went well until I had a small episode of my PTSD issues, thankfully nothing major but the first flare up in over a year, I had to do my mental exercises to level it off, thankfully it wasn’t full blown episode but it put a damper on the evening, I don’t even know what triggered it, it just reared its ugly head and I was able to keep it at arm’s length, I then snoozed like a zombie for the next hour and awoke feeling groggy, it was like I had been on the drink, except I hadn’t! thankfully “Bob” didn’t tag along for the ride, I don’t think I could handled both sensations at the same time, I’m in a much better place than I have been in the last 41 years but its still difficult went it happens!

The great getaway can’t come soon enough, I was feeling punch drunk so I climbed the wooden hill in the vain hope that a blanket of sleep would take me, unfortunately because I had my snooze sleep it didn’t want to know me, I eventually started to feel drowsy after an hour and I heard the wife starting to climb the stairs as it was time to get in her coffin, I don’t recall much else as the land of nod finally took me.

 

Inside the Box – Yet another cunning stunt.

31st August.

The countdown continues, another early rise after a rather shallow night’s sleep but I did feel refreshed after the previous night’s mishap, a good solid full English breakfast, and I was raring to go (ok that’s a lie but I was full of good intentions). Lots more music to sooth the savage beast I had done a couple of playlists, so I went with the flow and thoroughly enjoyed them, I may just do some more (oooh there’s a blog that will write itself…..maybe’s) some small chores but there was a load of noisy twunts outside banging and hammering, this could go wrong if the bride of Dracula decides to tear them a new one, thankfully the coffin must be lead lined as she did rise from her slumbers, just as well.

A soak in the bath was needed as the day was going to be busy as the little doggy was off on his Holi Bobs to the wife’s cousin (who will spoil him worse than the wife and that will take some doing but if anybody can do it, it’s her!) bath complete it was time to load the car up, with the amount of stuff in the car I thought we were taking him off to university, yes the car was that full, thankfully we had left a spot in the car as we had to pick our youngest up, doggie dropped of and a lovely catch up with the dog sitters the daughter treat us a meal at the place that cannot be named for some Popeyes, and it was……nice, ok it was really nice for chicken! We decided to go to Costco to fill the car and I was amazed at how many people (cock wombles) didn’t know on what side of their car the petrol cap was as they struggled to pull the hose across the top of the car, unbelievable they walk amongst us or rather they drive amongst us! Because of the queue we thought we would come back so we headed back to Gimpsville!

Back to ours for a suitcase inspection by the youngest, thankfully we passed muster, we jumped into the car and took the daughter off to her rehearsals (for Steel Magnolias) in Mordor, mission successful and goodbyes achieved, we headed back to Costco where the queues were thankfully smaller but  the cock wombles were still out in force as I watched a small Asian lady drag the hose over the top of her bloody big jeep as we got closer I could see all of the damage done as it wasn’t the first time she had attempted to climb Everest! It was wonderful to see the wife chuntering onto herself about “Cock Wombles” I love how I can insert words into her vocabulary and she doesn’t realise it lol, a swift return up the hills and across the delta to Gimpsville, that place we call home!

A swift visit to the brother to drop some house keys off, in the event of any emergency, the daughter would ages as she lives miles away and my brother probably about 800 yards, we stayed later than intended but it was good to catch up and have a bit of a natter, we returned to an empty house suitcases packed and tagged standing in the living room, this is it its really going to happen seven weeks from deciding to do it and actually going we climbed the wooden hill with no little dog to send off to sleep, fingers crossed for a lie in!

No comments:

Post a Comment