Monday 25 September 2023

No Release – True Colours -Yet Another Cunning Plan.

 

No Release – Yet Another Cunning Plan.

 

28th August.

As much as I tried, I didn’t get a lie in I was still awake 30 minutes before the alarm would have gone off (I had switched it off honest) off down the wooden hill to wander aimlessly (I should say like a caged beast but I’m more like a caged hamster) around the house, until the sun popped up! The weather was looking good, fingers crossed to day could be the day for the trimming of the bush, I mean cutting my hedge! And my other outdoor activities I would regret it later as the body protests loudly, I will simply have to take it on the chin.

A light breakfast, ok a cup of tea and a Kit Kat ( I can always have a second breakfast) I’m chomping at the bit to get outside my neighbour’s may not me and my hedge trimmer being out too early, I leave it until 08.30 then attack the hedge with vigour its not a long hedge but it is about 7 feet tall I only cut twice a year and I need to get it done before we board the plane, in total it takes around 50 minutes to cut and sweep up the trimmings, but I have put it off for so long I thought I might get some happiness upon completion, I didn’t!

The next task is to paint the front gate, this is difficult as I have to be on my knees for most of it and boy am I in agony, this takes longer than the hedge, and I’m not over the moon as I don’t have much balance on my knees, getting old is crap I may have pointed that out in just every blog in the last ……you get the picture!  So the rest of the morning is spent feeling like a cripple actually not feeling like one I am one, thankfully the tasks complete I don’t feel any feelings of satisfaction, so off for a long soak in my bath hopefully will put some life back into these old bones of mine, I try to make sure my notes are up to date to ensure that this blog/book project move smoothly down the production line

The hedge trimmer/Rubiks cube lies at he top of the stairs as I really have no real inclination to even attempt to put it away neatly, it’s the same every time I get it out, I probably should either take more notice as I get it out or take pictures with my modern mobile phone, yeah that won’t happen you all know me so well,  I can take it out but once dismantled its like a nuclear device I have no idea what’s going on in the real world!

Another lazy kind of evening, more notes a nice light evening meal, and then staring blindly at the opiate of the masses, when did I start doing this? I have no idea, more cooking programs, more Gentleman Jack then once more to climb the wooden hill in the vain hope of a longer nights slumber…...erm help!

True Colours – Yet Another Cunning Plan.

August 29th.

No surprise yet another early morning rise, go downstairs to see the old man of the house let him out, keep an eye on him as he I s nearly blind and has a tendency to blunder into things, actually that’s me, ho hum what’s not helping this morning is my stomach is off, some scrambled eggs to try and sort the gastric issue, then trying to sort my laptops out before the enforced 10 day silence, its slightly better than the weekend but still a few issues Norton trying to wring out more pennies (twunts!) the bride of Dracula arises and we are soon in the thick of it as we try to sort out the Chinese laundry/Santa’s workshop, House just so if someone breaks in its neat and tidy for them (why cant it be tidy when I’m in it….answers on a postcard) sorting stuff seems to have hit a brick wall since the loss of the Kraken and sometimes the wife is a little more fragile than normal, the wife disappears to do some tasks and I have to wait for the British gas engineer, which seems to be getting earlier every year, The lovely Steph turns up does the task and even replaces the CO2 monitor that the engineer two year ago destroyed as he stepped on it! She admired the doll’s house that’s at the top of the stairs that the Kraken bought for the kids that they never had any interest in, it now hangs around our necks like an Albatross, I told her she could have if she so desired for nothing (you can tell the wife wasn’t in) all she had to do was turn up with a bevy of strong burly men to get it downstairs, she said she would have to check with er partner as it is rather large (massive more like it) she didn’t its bigger than most modern builds ah well it be dragged outside and set fire to at some point, watch this space!

On with the chores, bins sorted and cleaned, bathroom cleaned washing in, dishwasher full (I’m a keeper me) then there was a cry for help to deal with a damaged ankle, good deed for the day done (you only need to do one) we headed to the Krakens house to make sure all the stuff that needed to be done was done, who knew that going on holiday could be so exhausting? Off to Tesco’s to make sure we had three weeks of winning lottery tickets (not) there was a few episodes of stroppiness from both sides of the wire, simply because we were both tired, we need our bloody holiday, it can’t come around quick enough!

Then return home and we got the evil eye for parking our car where we normally do, from people who don’t even live in the postcode, I honestly thought that the wife was going to rip limbs from bodies (they were going to the pub…..Feck off) the rest our night was quiet with no breach of our defences we were good people with no petulance, I dozed and soon headed back up the wooden hill for another episode of only five hours in bed, me bitter hell yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment