Sunday 2 September 2018

Tiki 4


This has been way harder than expected, I had no intention to write this blog as I had been wallowing in self-imposed writers exile, posting stuff from published works and enjoying that people were enjoying it. But it a had a negative response on me, I lost the will to write, it was supposed to bolster my writing, it did no such thing, then I was adrift on a sea of morose thoughts, not bad thoughts for once, I had simply let go of my mojo and like a balloon it had floated away and then simply stayed out of reach!

Finally I was on a weeks holiday and although my intention was to lie around like a loppy dog (which I did) I still had a small but exhaustive list of tasks that I wished to carry out, ok so I have done 90% that’s good for me, the week floated on and me and the wife actually spent time together, we didn’t have any major plans as we were (no surprise here) skint, we did have a couple of cunning plans, but they were not until the back end of the week, health wise I was firing on five out of six cylinders something is definitely not perfect, so another long conversation next Wednesday.

The youngest disappeared back to Carlisle to complete a play about the moors murders that she had been rehearsing for months, this was the actual performance to a sold-out house, again the house we live in felt strangely quiet without her creaking bones, but as always we soldiered on. Friday arrived and we had an appointment for the wife in which we were an hour late, thankfully it was resolved peacefully and we sauntered off across country to pick the youngest up, good company and even better music and a nice drive sometimes it’s what you need to recharge your batteries.

An even nicer jaunt back, the play had been a raging success with some people stating that it should tour (come up with the money and it will ya sad sack) we were soon home, unfortunately the youngest was at work the next day so she was soon off to bed, we followed as we wanted to ensure that she actually dragged herself from her pit(she did) we gathered supplies for the forthcoming night time activities, it was to be opening of a friends personal Tiki bar in their back garden and we hadn’t seen friends in ages so it was a big  thing, it was 80’s themed party, sorry guys I have wore the same style of clothes since I was a kid so for me it was shorts and a Hawaiian style shirt (I still looked fat in it not fit) the wife went all Madonna on me and the youngest wore what she thought was appropriate, we had to wait for the youngest to get home from work and weave her magic but we got there sooner than I expected with only Buddy barking us a fond welcome although Diesel and Loki still came to see who was entering their home, Blue was simply happy to bimble on.

I had to admit I was concerned for the ozone layer with the amount of hair spray on show, mind you some of the chaps had covered themselves in gravy granules to simulate the tans of the day, no I was not one of them, thankfully my legs were lighthouses in the dark (bloody white) in my shorts, yes shorts! The bar was stunning and the naked flames added to the effect (no the bar was not on fire) a gas-powered fire pit was lovely but it wasn’t long before something was thrown on, thankfully the keeper of the royal flight was on hand to risk his pinkies! Not long after he also waded across the pool like some demented Godzilla! thankfully he stayed up right but it was close call, there were plenty of shenanigans and flying wigs, the dogs kept a watchful eye on us and soon GRRRR ant arrived and soon we were up to our elbows in sordid tales and jokes! I really do hope he enjoyed his daughters horse riding early this morning LOL!

I opened my mouth regarding the weather and all of a sudden it was spitting, thankfully it didn’t spoil the night it really was very light, the company as always was very good even though I remember people, I have trouble with names (its an age thing…….I hope) it was dark so I hope there are no issues, the themes of the parties keep on growing, there probably will be a live sized Godzilla for the Halloween party! And just like that it was time to go home, as the youngest had another early rise for work today (that’s life sweetie) and a nearly silent drive home with the wife concentrating in the dark roads home and the youngest very nearly falling asleep after the day’s activities, we arrived home, sorted the hound out, as I prepared the youngest’s bait simply so she had less to do, once she dragged her body from her pit! In between mixing tuna, I wrote down notes for the blog, the one I had no intention of doing (go figure) I wish I had actually done the blog there and then, as I had a million and one ideas that now in the cold light of day have simply evaporated, those are the breaks, so I’m told!

 The party was the perfect end to my holidays, as I have six weeks of hell coming, what with silly shifts and a trip away for work, which I don’t want to do, four courses and two exams that I don’t want to do and that’s just what I have planned, there is all the other minutiae that goes with my daily work cycle! My intention was not to blog my ego and mojo conspired against me, but I’m glad I did now, and no matter what the cost (financially) we really must get out and mix with (my fault I know) all the lovely people who are in our life, now I need to try and sort myself out for the coming morrow, thanks for all the readers and the kind comments of the older stuff watch the skies for more incoming, until then……………Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment