Sunday 27 May 2018

Playing tricks on me.


So, the weekend looms into view, the wife and me have a day to ourselves, the rest of the weekend I would be home alone, for two of the days as the wife has to work, I wanted to have a good time with only approximately 34 arguments……ok I was exaggerating 33!

Work was a grind, but by Friday the office was like the Marie Celeste, only us die hard’s (stupid people) at the helm. thankfully the chariot arrived and I ran away, only to discover 5 miles up the road that I had left my keys at work (D’oh) I didn’t intend to go back for them, I rang and got them put in a safe location, too late the jinx had started!

My knee had been giving me grief on and off all week , just niggling, nothing serious, I was talking (for once) to the wife and as I turned to reply and my knee went “POP” oh dear, not good, thankfully I have a brace for such occasions, I was soon trussed up like a Christmas turkey in sweet bliss, and I sat brooding for the remainder  of the evening, well I say that, but I had treated us to a Chinese meal and spent the rest of the evening comatose and drooling until I was pointed up the wooden hill!
Saturday came with high expectations, the wife had a chore to do and I didn’t want to stand in a ladies clothes shop (go figure) and I wanted some bacon, well I was off work, so I had time to do a proper breakfast instead of just gobbling toast, well I got the bacon and waited, then waited some more, and then you guessed it waited just a little longer, decided to take the bacon home as I wasn’t that far, went home, came back and then waited just a little longer, then we hit a couple of shops, picked up my prescription, it was at this point I then tried to have a little laugh with the wife, “HUGE FAIL” then we were at our respective corners for the rest of the morning, thankfully no gum shields were deployed.

I treat the miserable……I mean the wife to lunch at our local Spoons, it was an ok meal, and at least we were being civil again (only just) I was again trussed up, again the knee was not being co operative in any way, the wife went and dealt with the Kraken and returned we were back on a neutral standing. I was sent off for a soak and then got told off for being lying in the tub (WTF you told me……. ah let’s not go there) I was in pain at this point I wasn’t looking forward to the gig we were attending, I was but I knew I was going to suffer.

Thankfully we were soon in the car, unfortunately behind every funeral procession going, a 20-minute trip took nearly 45 minutes! we weren’t happy, we then had to circle the city centre for a parking spot, I wasn’t amused, but thankfully on the third circuit we got were we intended originally to park, we couldn’t at the first time of passing because of a police van arresting a drunk, oh how he laughed! A slow hobble to the venue, the wife did a trick with a water bottle (I won’t go into details it’s a family blog) and the then walk of shame to the box office to collect our passes, SMOR as always was a star and we were soon listening to the bands, I won’t go into too much detail as I intend to write a review (for WWBH – Tribal on Facebook as though you needed to be told) lets just say we had a great time with lovely people, the wife got her obligatory yearly Steve Overland picture, I had a brief conversation musically with him and he has more cunning plans on the go then me, and that’s some!

A quicker drive home with a quick cup of tea, with some chocolate and I was de trussed and soon off to the land of nod, I awoke this morning, made us both a lovely bacon sandwich sorry there’s none left! I did my few chores and then set about writing this blog (with a bag of tangy wine gums, I know I’m such a bad boy) and after this I have to write a review of the gig, oh what a busy day I have planned, my knee is trussed up again so my little walk I was planning is out of the question, after that I might just listen to some more music, hells bells I have more reviews to organise, at least I am happy (well sort of, just a little less grumpy) so enjoy your time off, I know I’m going to try, until the next time…….Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment