Monday 8 August 2016

Doctor Doctor


Another week rolled into town and as always with a week from hell (7days in a row) things soon turned too poop, things that technically were out of my hands, but shit has to roll downhill and this time it stopped at my front door!

Because work (for once) was so crap I’m simply going to try and forget it I now have seven days leave, I intend to try and relax (yes I know virtually impossible with my posse) right in the middle of last week I had a hospital appointment, I think it’s that particular day that I will try and describe, not a particularly good day but better than the rest.

I had gone to my doctor with an issue (non diabetes related) and he had prescribed some medication and it worked, simply cleared up the issue, woo hoo I hear you all cry, I knew it wasn’t meant to be a permanent fix but hey ho with everything else in my line of sight it was soon forgotten about, take the tablet issue has gone……. well not quite! Earlier in the year it reared its ugly (and allegedly it is very ugly) head again, so off I went expecting to have my dosage upped, however the doctor I saw was the one who had been missing my diabetes for eight years, so instead of just upping the dose, “I want some tests done” he declared! Now I wasn’t happy at all.

We waited (me and my wife who is my social secretary and the person who deals with all of my appointments and social gatherings) and a letter finally arrived giving us a choice of 4 places to attend one being over 30 miles at one end of the spectrum with another one being literally a mile from my door (you can see where this heading can’t you) yes that’s right even though I requested the closest hospital they sent me to the furthest, I then unleased my mini kraken (the wife) and thankfully got the appointment that I required, although I was put to the back of the queue and made to wait 8 weeks, the day finally came and I left work to head back to Gimpsville to arrive on time for my appointment, with a cascade of crap going on around me I knew what was coming but I was grateful of the reprise.

I managed to get home earlier than expected a quick wash and a change I checked the time table for my preferred plague carrier of the day I had a choice get there really early or get there just on time I opted for the earlier option, seven minutes later I am walking through the doors of the hospital, directed to a huge waiting area within seconds I was whisked away to another smaller area, where  upon I had the usual little things done (Weight Height etc) and then I waited, and then waited some more, all the while watching as all of the staff did sponsored walks, have you ever noticed how all of the staff just walk in circles they must cover miles, there was a guy who must have been a porter and holy crap he was of Olympic standard. Then there was a person who I thought was my doctor who scuttled off and didn’t reappear, however the nursing staff kept on walking and walking.

By now I’m annoyed (because I was early) at the world and everything else, and the little waiting room is starting to fill up, and my paranoid angry head is starting to fill my head with notions of running for it! and the nursing staff kept walking around, sometimes with bits of paper and other pieces of hospital paraphanalia, all the while my paranoia was feeding itself, no back up support I was there by myself and I wanted to get the hell out of dodge, still I waited (the curse of turning up early) punctuality is a disease with me, then the anointed hour was upon us and still no sign of my appointment being called. More staff walking and at this point I really was getting ready to bolt, then I had to put up with “it’s a lovely day isn’t it?”  “no” was the reply to which they reversed course muttering how horrible I was, out of the corer of my eye I saw the person who I thought was the doctor skulking back, late grrr and still I waited, I was watch watching and giving myself just 5 more minutes, then the most handsome doctor in the world walked in and he knew it, if he’s my doctor I was going to blast him for being late, literally I was called soon after to find out it was skulky boy, I won’t go into details I had the appointment and was nearly out the door just as the consultant asked “for a full raft of tests” just to be sure (the bastard) I then got called back for a blood test (with a needle that could have been used in Zulu it was so bloody big) I then trotted (yes you read that right this little piggy trotted)out of the hospital and hopped back onto a plague carrier (empty thankfully) and 7 minutes later I walked through the front door, still wondering why the nurses did all that walking.

The wife returned from work not very well (it was later discovered she hadn’t taken her medication in the morning ……. silly woman) life wasn’t a bowl of cherries at that moment, but I cooked for everybody and we enjoyed a nice meal in our own little way, me brooding over life the universe and everything, the wife in her poorly little ways and the youngest in whatever mood she was in, you can never tell she is so much like me she runs silent and runs deep!

I spent the rest of the night bopping from point to point and not really relaxing, I wrote the salient points of the blog to be worked on over the weekend, I read a little and eventually ended up watching Iron Maiden live at Wacken, back to work the next day and then the weekend which I was dreading simply because I hate dealing with stupid people, thankfully none turned up until I was literally walking out the door, they were given short shrift although it did grumble on when I got home it was nothing to worry about as I did my usual impression of a zombie in a chair!

Today is the start of my 7 days off, the wife is at work for most of it and I can already see that I’m going to fester, broke already at the beginning of the month and certain people don’t seem to care they just keep piling on the pressure, yeah it’s probably best if the wife is at work and the youngest goes off on her little jaunt, I have the seeds of destruction in my pocket, its times like these I used to go walkabout so not to upset anybody, I don’t have that option anymore so I have to suffer the consequences, hopefully I will turn the corner and the black dog will have fucked off, here’s hoping  until the next one Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment